What's new

Paradigm vs B&W (1 Viewer)

Arron H

Second Unit
Okay, my local B&W dealer is discounting the B&W 300 Series and is closing out the B&W 600 Series 2 line. He's asking around $1150 for 4 DM303s to serve as fronts & surrounds, an LCR 3 center, and an ASW500 sub. He's asking around $1450 for 4 DM601s to serve as fronts & surrounds, a CC6 center, and an ASW500 sub. I did not bother trying to haggle because I wanted to check with members of this forum regarding the pros and cons of these systems. Also, I felt that before I make a decision on a speaker system, I should check with everybody to see how the above B&W products match up with comparable Paradigm products.

I know that the B&W 300 series has received a lot of awards from various reviewers. It looks like the DM303s might be comparable to Paradigm's mini monitors.

It looks like the DM601 S2 might be comparable to Paradigm's Monitor 3s.

The centers look comparable to the Paradigm's CC170 & CC370.

Thanks for your input.

Arron H

Salvador

Second Unit
depends on what kind of deal you can get. When i was looking for my first set of speakers, i auditioned the Paradigm mini-monitors, Reference and the B&W 303,601,602. The paradigm Reference was the best of the bunch and cost less than the 602. If i went up further the B&W line, the budget just wouldn't fit.

my 02 cents

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
IMHO, the 601 S2 are two small to serve as mains, but that also depends on room size. The 602 S2 are like $50-$75 more each and would make great fronts with that sub. If your room is closed and not too big he DM 303 will work fine for the surrounds, but I've got the DM 302s and if the room is too open, it's just kind of hard to get too much real effect out of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks