What's new

Outlaw 950, programming another remote to run it problem (1 Viewer)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I got an Outlaw 950. I like the unit but despise the remote. I've programmed a Marantz RC2000 MK II to run all it's major functions except for one button. The RC2000 will not copy the SAT (V1) function button from the Outlaw remote. I've tried putting the Outlaw remote real close and a variety of longer distances away but I get a NG (no good) icon every time. What is it about this bleeding button that the RC2000 can't copy it? I've never run across this before programming remotes. Anybody else run into this?

Doug_B

Screenwriter
Rachael,

I can't give you specific advice that I know works for this particular command, but if you have any other learning remotes around, try to learn the command into that remote, then from that remote into the Marantz (although I suppose you may have tried this avenue already if you could). I've had this situation arise a few times with my MX-700 and have always resolved it using my cheap but reliable Ratshack learning remote (15-1994, I believe).

Doug

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
:) Doug, I'll try the 3rd party remote thang. I'll have to buy or borrow a remote to do it though. I like the RC 1000 so much, that's all I own. Best wishes!

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
The SAT (V1) function button was impossible to learn on my MX-500 remote. Luckily I was able to find a Pronto Outlaw 950 file and convert the command from Pronto code to MX-500 code and then download it to my remote.

Ellen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ellen
I had a tough time learning the SAT button too. I have a UEIC Cinema 7+ remote and used the jp1 connection and IR software to evaluate the learned signals. Always came up as a bad learn. But it was good enough for me to build an upgrade device for the 950.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks