What's new

*** Official Splinter Cell (X-Box) Review & Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I finished it last night. Wish it wouldn't have taken over with a movie until I got all the way out.

I thought the last level was hard, too. Especially when you 1st peep over the initial wall, eh? YIKES!!!
Where can you read about when the 1st downloadable level will be ready? I'm already ready! :)
My biggest hope for Splinter Cell 2 (you know they're gonna), is that the levels are a bit more interactive and, they will be a bit more open, like Thief 1 & 2, in that you don't really follow as much of a preset path in the level. You can explore more.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'm held up and frustrated on Level 3 (Oil Rig) which highlights a fairly annoying inconsistency in the game. Even though Sam can shimmy and zip and rappel he apparently can't make a simple leap over a pipe onto a gangway. As the programmer arrives and you need to begin trailing him the only way I can find onto the gang plank is walking along the diagonal beams of the structure on the left to the far end of the gangway. I tried walking the large pipe on the opposite side and when I get to the gangway I can't make a simple step.
Am I missing something here?

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
If I remember correctly there is a pipe that you can grab (after you get off the top of the ladder). Hand over hand your way over to the catwalk and drop on top of the unsuspecting patrolling guard.:emoji_thumbsup:
Just be careful not to get spotted by doing it too early.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Michael

Aren't these spoilers getting annoying? This thread looks like the CIA got hold of it! Anyway, thanks for the tip. I ended up figuring this out. I knew there had to be some relevance to the walkway above. If you go up the latter to the right you don't get spotted if you you're slow. The first time I tried it was the left ladder and was picked off instantly. I still maintain that it's a goofy aspect of the game that he can't get on the lower gangway from the big pipe. Wierd.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Jay, sometimes finding certain things is a bit of a pain but I have to say that usually they are right in front of me. I just didn't take the time to look. I can't wait to go through some of the missions again now that I've finished the game. I'll be making a special trip to the sewers!:D I loved that part!
I'll keep an eye out for you on the weekend in case you have any questions. There are some parts coming up that are REALLY tough! (But rewarding):)

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
Someone, anyone, I need help!!

Im stuck, and theres nothing more frustrating in this game than getting stuck. This game is soo much like watching a movie that when you get stuck you realize its just a game (ruins the mood :b )

Anyway, Im on the 2nd embassy mission. Heres the part Im stuck at:

i just inserted into the building via the 4th floor (climbed the pipe, dropped down via the hatch on the floor). Now, Im in a room that is very small, theres a door to my right with a bucket and mop blocking it, it also has a keypad. If I go left theres a storage type room with a huge hole in the wall from an explosion where I can go in, but not do much else (pipes in the way etc). Next to the storage room is a door where the lock is jammed. If I use the camera I can see theres a rotating turret gun waiting on the other side.

HOW THE HELL DO I GET OUTTA THESE ROOMS?!?! Ive spent I think an hour trying almost everything I could think of. And, this brings me to another huge inconsistancy in the game. Theres a supid mop handle blocking the door, and I cant move it!?!?! Im the worlds most elite superhuman spy and I can move a mop and bucket?!?!

Anyway, any help with this would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks everyone!!

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
Anyone who can offer me help i would appreciate it. On level 5 right now. Its after you mike the conversation in the glss elevator, dispatch the guards, and climb over the wall... inside two guards come down the elevator. I got rid of them, went up the elevator, seems you go from floor one to seven. there are two doors, one at each end of the hall way.not sure where to get the code to get in so i went to the door on the left (as you come out of the elevator) the guard saw me, i waited for him to come out, shot him, and then went in.. ive been through every room i can find except now i cant get out and there is a door i cant get into. tired to pick the lock but it wont let me. i also saw a vent going to the roof and thought i could go up there but ive tried everything and cant seem to get it.
long winded but i wanted you to be sure where i am in the game. Thanks in advance.:D

Fred Bang

Stunt Coordinator
Jason, about the second embassy missionù:

You HAVE to go through the big hole. Just press the white button to hug the wall and go thorugh the narrow corridor. You'll hear guards destroying computers (by the way, you have to hurry!)

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Andrew,

There should be a closet with a ladder that'll take you through a trap door to the roof. From there you should be able to find a place to rapel down to Nikoladze's office.

Also, as an alternate to offing all those guards, when you come out of the elevator, take a left and go into the first door. If you look above the desk, you'll see a vent open. Climb up on the desk, jump up, and pull yourself up into the ductwork. You can then follow the ducts and drop down into the hallway behind the glass door.

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
K, for all others who are on the fence... remember this...
The demo sucks, the game rocks... (say that three times:D )
On the Oil Rig... there's another way...
Go to the right side, jump down to the red rail, hand over hand on it, til you get to the walkway they arrived at. Pull yourself up, and stealthily move along.

Someone said there's some "easter eggs" in here (one was behind a wall somewhere. Anyone come across these?

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
how do I read a code with Thermal Goggles (Chinese Embassy 2, the FIRST time you have to do this)

Actually, I can actually just follow the two soldiers in but it seem to lead to a dead end, I can't go anywhere. I've looked at the thermal image and I've even repeated it just practicing but it never accepts what I think is the code even though my practice runs look exactly like the image looks like after the two soldiers go into the room, what gives? Personally I couldn't care less about them, just give me the damm code, if you please. With Spoilers though. I'm searing gametalk but no luck so far and gamefaqs is incomplete.

Jay

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
9753 might be the one your looking for. (I'm just going by some notes I made. I know the 3 that you have to get in a row are... 1456, 1834 & 7921. The orange heat signature is the last number pressed, the lightest coloured one is the first number pressed. You should be able to figure it out from there.

Good luck!

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I'm still very early in the game (end of the police station level) and I found a dead end. I must have missed something because I got all the way through the Police Station and cannot go any further. I went to Gamefaqs.com to find out what I did wrong and I guess I missed the Morgue? Never remember seeing anything like that at all. In fact, when I was out in the courtyard outside the police station, I was actually able to double jump outside the gates and couldn't get back in. Is the morgue before or after you hit the checkpoint. You know the one where there is a guard around the left hand corner and he's talking to the other guy who has a complaint to file?

Thanks.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Yes, the morgue is before the first checkpoint. It's in a room off of another room that had someone (not a guard) working in it. The guy that you can interrogate.

It's not far from the beginning. Hope this helps.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Evan,

Yes, you passed the morgue. You need to go back and make sure you find the bodies of the two missing agents in order to trigger your next objective.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
You definitely learn things as you go along. What can become troublesome is that some strategies just cannot work. For example, a complete stealth approach will not always work as some guards carry valuable information. For example, a data stick with a key code. So I guess a secondary strategy could be run the mission a particular way until you hit a dead end. For example, go stealth until you hit a dead end. Make it to a door that has an unknown code? Look around for a computer or guard that might.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Jay M, I went with a stealth approach but took each guard out quietly and then hid the bodies. I found that this approach worked very well since I still aquired all the data sticks this way.
EDIT: I still considered it to be stealth since I didn't shoot anybody and was very quiet while taking everyone out.
Very good point though!:emoji_thumbsup:

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys...returned back and finished the objective. This game is great. I find this game totally involving...best video game experience I've had since Halo.

One question. When I went back to the morgue, I knew there was a security camera, but when I entered the room with all the bodies, I couldn't see the camera on the wall in order to shoot it. I had to move closer, and subsequently it spotted me and I had to shoot the guard who comes running over. Is there a trick to locating those suckers or getting close enough to shoot them out without being spotted. I could hear it turning, but had trouble seeing it. Thanks again.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Thanks people, I finally found the code at gametalk, deep within the forum, their search engine stinks! The problem I had with the thermal code (I had three of those numbers right, the last three) is that somehow I only saw three numbers lit up with the heat signature so I knew it was a 4-digit code and thought there was a repeat so I tried all the combinations of 436
but apparently I missed the first digit. I'm now saved at the second thermal code place.
I kind of cheated a bit because I went into the room and blew out all the lights before the colonel went in. I wound up accidentally falling from a mistaken double jump and restarted the checkpoint but I didn't want to bother to shoot out some of the lights so I went in before triggering the colonel's entrence and pre-shot out the light. The Simpsons was coming up and I didn't want to miss it. :)
Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks