What's new

*** Official Splinter Cell (X-Box) Review & Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Finished another level last night...I managed to free the U.S. Hostages and kill Grieko!(sp?) I'm back in the Chinese Embassy and I've been given the go ahead to use whatever force necessary.
:D
I wonder how many levels are left?

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I just met with the contact in the Chinese embassy mission, didn't get to play much last night, found a water leak in my house between the main water valve and what looks to be an air trap valve (I'm no plumber) of some sort. Couldn't really tape it cause it looks to be a pinhole leak between the threads on the pipe to the valve so I just shut off the main water valve. But anyway, I had to clean up a bit of the stuff around the piping so I did a little of the embassy mission.
Nope, I never saw a janitor in the CIA mission? Apparently on the same line there must be a gardener/flower waterer right, because I hid a bunch of bodies near flower pots, certainly a gardener would stumble upon them.
On a similar vein, wouldn't the CIA start to wonder when they find a whole bunch of their guards passed out in the darkness in their headquarters? :)
Jay

Brian J Dupuis

Second Unit
All you folks are making me envious... I haven't had a real chance to play much of this one (well, that and NHL2K3 keeps whispering sweet nothings at me), but I have desire to. I must say, I pretty much suck at stealth, more than I thought I would even. I normally consider myself a pretty sharp fellow, but this game's making me feel like a dunderhead :b. I was awfully proud of myself for thinking of wall jumping and creeping along the ledge past the two policeman and the drunk guy on the police station level. I know, kid's play, but I was happy. Of course, the first time I dropped down, I landed right next to the patrolling guard, who I didn't see until hitting the ground, but that's another story. Yes folks, I'm still on the police station level.
Oh, and thanks for being conscientious with your spoiler tag usage... helps us nosey folks a lot :D.

Dave W

Stunt Coordinator
I am on the Abatoir mission... I just shut off the antenna and am on the roof
:) I have to say I think this is one of my Top 10 Games of All Time already. I don't know how many missions are left but I'm already anxious to go back and replay every level... I'm dying to try different methods to get past guards, use the distraction cameras more, try different routes etc. And to think... we're supposedly getting a new level before Chrsitmas LOVE IT :D

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
This game really is quite incredible - very much enjoying myself. That said I'm stuck at the extraction in Mission 2.

I've retrieved the information from Nikoladze's computer, dispatched the guards, and have made it to the roof from the stairwell down the hall. After falling down the elevator shaft the first time - D'oh! - I realized that takes me directly to the parking garage as directed. How do I safely get down that elevator shaft? There doesn't seem to be a cable that I can shimmy down. I found myself hanging from the ledge thinking I could drop to lower ledges and make my way down but no dice.

Fred Bang

Stunt Coordinator
Jay, about the elevator shaft in mission 2:

Just jump and grab the big vertical pipe in the middle of the shaft.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Fred's right.The pipe is on the wall directly across from the opening (inside the elevator shaft).

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Jay:

Actually you CAN actually shimmy->drop->catch-> all the way down... I did it this way cause my jumping skills suck. I have problems jumping to ladders and stuff. I basically just hung from the ledge, then use the left stick out and then immediately back towards the ledge and repeated this enough times til I was on the garage floor.

currently, I just finished the first part of the Chinese Embassy mission.

Jay

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Okay... maybe you guys can help me with something...
I'm on the CIA level (which just ROCKS) but I'm having a hell of a time at one point ...
I've got the guy you have to kidnap... but I can't get through the one room. After you get off the roof, and go down the stairs... there is the room with the four large machines, and the maintenence guy and a guard. I can take out the maintenance guy, but I'm having a hell of a time with the guard(s). (The one that runs in from the opposite door.) I keep trying to jump them from the shadows, but they spot me all the time. Should I just be trying to dodge these guys with the unconcious fellow on my shoulders? Or do I just suck at striking from the shadows? :D (I'm out of gadgets and low on health...)

Any suggestions? How'd you get through this area?

Fred Bang

Stunt Coordinator
I'm at the second Embassy Mission (well just finished it). The most difficult thing was following the colonel and figuring which key he pushed with the thermal visors, fast enough before the keys cooled.

Joe_Udo

Auditioning
Hey, I just did that CIA section this morning.
I had 5 shocker when I got there so I didn't have any problem. :D
I took out the guard first. Wait until the tech walk away from the door then sneak along the left wall and get in to the middle of the room. Now look at the guard pattern and try to get him from behind. I had plenty of shocker so this was pretty easy. Then take out the tech before he can get to the alarm. OR check gamefaq.com. There is a method involving dumping the body and wait for the guy to come investigate and then knock him out.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Tony, I knocked them both out by watching their patterns and waiting in the shadows. When the tech guy squats down to look at what he's doing (at a distance) sneak up behind him and knock him out. When the guard stops and turns his back to the wall and looks in between the 4 big "thingys" sneak up on him and knock him out.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Just for further info for Tony:
You can also jump the guard. Climb one of the four large machines.. Obviously next to the guard's pattern and simply jump him. There is a bonus sticky shocker on the cabinet closest to the door you have to go through. I left the body back behind the big ventilation fans, I didn't drag his ass over until I cleared out the room and the guy outside the door. I found out the hard way you cannot drag somebody down the ladder :laugh:

Anybody notice that if you knock a dog, the guard will call and say "I have an uncounsious man...." :)
Jay

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Tony, I knocked them both out by watching their patterns and waiting in the shadows. When the tech guy squats down to look at what he's doing (at a distance) sneak up behind him and knock him out. When the guard stops and turns his back to the wall and looks in between the 4 big "thingys" sneak up on him and knock him out.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Thanks for the input guys. Maybe I was just sucking at jumping that guard. I was usually able to get the tech.. but everytime I snuck up behind the guard, he spotted me and nailed me. I'll give it a go again t'night. :)
Jay... I'll hafta remember the ladder tip. :D

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I reached the final level and I think I'm also on the second last checkpoint considering what just happened.I'm surrounded by a bunch of guys and the "lights go out"! I usually take out one guy and die. I tried it a few times last night but I was having trouble with it (and it was really late).

I'll give it another go tonight. I think I may be in for quite a challenge since playing on the "Hard" difficulty level makes them very accurate and I die quite quickly.
Still having a blast!:emoji_thumbsup:

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I posted this in another forum (blasphemy I know ;) ) but thought I would post it here as well... :)
I Finished The Game!!(On Hard):emoji_thumbsup:
WOW! I don't know about the rest of you guys but I found the last level quite difficult! Maybe it was because I knew the end was coming but I found it pretty tough.
So.... I now have all the levels unlocked but I didn't get any ammo codes? Oh well, the game is freaking amazing and I can't wait to go through it again without all the stress. :)
Hands down one of the best games I've played since Goldeneye!
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: / :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks