What's new

***Official 'Fellowship of the Ring' DVD Announcement Thread (1 Viewer)

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
So those specs are for 2 disc edition? Will the Super-Duper Set include this stuff plus more? Or will we have to buy both to get all of the supplemental features?

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
The big question I wanted answered was whether the November version will include the theatrical cut IN ADDITION to the extended cut. Do we know the answer to this already?
Kelly,
Last time I read the 4 disc November version will have both cuts i'm guessing that the theatrical cut will be on one disc, and the 'extended cut' will be spread over 2 due to its length and audio tracks. Probably with a few little extras on that 3rd disc and the majority on the 4th.
Thanks for posting the links Jeremy, new wallpaper set :)

Kelly W

Second Unit
Thanks Nick!
I guess I'll still have to compare the extras between the August and November releases, but as of yet, I won't be pre-ordering the August edition. (Although, come August 8, if the price is cheap, I may not have the will-power to wait three months. :))
-Kelly

Randall Dorr

Second Unit
Am I the only one who wants just the extended cut on the four disc set? If the theatrical version is included, that's a whole disc of extras lost.

Dreamworks did the same thing with Almost Famous Bootleg. While the existing supplements were great, it would have been nice if they had dumped the theatrical version (seeing as it was already out) and given us a ton of extras on disc two.

And the break in the extended cut should be in the same place as the break in the book.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Ditto. The movie is the movie and the book is the book. They're different entities. But I agree -- I don't see the point of including both cuts on the super-duper edition in November.

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
People, People,
Your decision doesn't have to be made this moment. The first release doesn't even happen for FOUR MONTHS. Any and all confusion of what is included, on which release, will be abundantly clear by that time and an educated decision will be easy to make.
This is a time to be excited about things like the cover art, not worrying about every specific in the release.
-Chad
(Please note that I will buy both, unless all that is one the first is included on the second release.)

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
I just can't wait for BOTH sets.

I'm going to see LOTR for the 10th and 11th times this weekend (must...absorb...all...four mintues...of...Two Towers!), and the wait until August will be TORTURE.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
I just don't feel that I should have to buy both versions to get the original theatrical cut and all the extras...that's my thinking. If they put both cuts in the 4-disc set (and Lord, they could easily fit them both) and if it really has a $39.99 SRP that Videotropic mentioned...I will be one happy camper! I don't really see how the film could benefit from being any longer, but on the other hand, I do want to get the best DVD release of this movie.

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
4-Disc "specs" are on the way. It's still in development, but we have some stuff on it. Waiting on the email from our LA guy.
Apparently there is a "Gift Set as well"
Audio on the two-disc set is only
Dolby Digital EX, no DTS.

James_A

Stunt Coordinator
Jeremy, you rock!
Thanks for letting us know all the info about this tonight... we be a slight bit impatient :D . You guys at IGN always seem to get overshadowed by the Game people... glad to see that you've got your night to shine
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

Jim

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
Thanks

But this is LOTR, there was no way in hell I was going to let it pass me buy.

Going to be updating the site again with the known info on the four disc set and the gift set (both are 11/12).

Apparently an R rating WAS mentioned at the conference.

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Hmm...an R-rating may have been mentioned, but it's confirmed that Jackson himself has said gorier scenes were NOT shot. He said it would've been too expensive to do something like that just for DVD.

-Tom

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Interesting talk regarding R rating...certainly something I will follow.

As for the actual sets...the gift set really interests me.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
OMG those are so freakin' cool!!! :D :D :D :D
Four more months, folks. Just four more months :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks