What's new

***Official 'Fellowship of the Ring' DVD Announcement Thread (1 Viewer)

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
IGN DVD has never charged for news.
Now, now, settle down. I think he was just referring to all the ads and the way you have to go to a page before going to some stories. In that sense, IGN is getting money for ads and time. I believe that was all he meant and he was just kidding around anyway, so no need to start calling each other names.

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
FULL SPECS!!!

Who luvs ya?

3D Animated Menus

DVD ROM Features: Exclusive online content

Documentaries: 3 in-depth programs that reveal the secrets behind the production of this epic adventure, including:

-"Welcome to Middle-earth" in-store special as shown by Houghton Mifflin

-"The Quest for the Ring" as debuted on the FBC Network

-"A Passage to Middle-earth" as premiered on the SCI-FI Channel

Featurette: 15 featurettes originally created for lordoftherings.net, which explore the locales and cultures of Middle-earth and include interviews with cast members Elijah Wood, Ian McKellen, Viggo Mortensen, Liv Tyler and others.

Exclusive 10-minute behind-the-scenes preview of the next The Lord of the Rings theatrical release, The Two Towers.

Music Video: Enya "May It Be" music video

Other: An inside look at the Special Extended DVD Edition of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Preview of Electronic Arts' video game, The Two Towers

TV Spot

Theatrical Trailer: Original theatrical trailers

Anne M

Agent
Wonderful! Thanks, Jeremy. :)
Am I seeing those keepcases correctly? Are they green? Interesting. I've never seen anything like that before.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Ah, at last :D
*marks August 6th on his calendar*
I'm grinning like a moron lol

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
>>Exclusive 10-minute behind-the-scenes preview of the next The Lord of the Rings theatrical release, The Two Towers.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I recall PJ saying that the extra footage included in the longer cut would only be "drama" and that he knew from the start he would be turning in a PG-13 film and there was no time to film things that would definately be cut.

Is there any information on the audio tracks that will be included on this release?

Jim,

I remember reading that PJ did record a commentary for the "extended cut", but I'm not sure about the August release.

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
I'll be renting this one. Looks like a nice package though :emoji_thumbsup: but I dont see the point in buying this version when the extended cut is coming out a mere 3 months later. ;)
Brian

Kelly W

Second Unit
The November edition will include an extended cut of the movie...
The big question I wanted answered was whether the November version will include the theatrical cut IN ADDITION to the extended cut. Do we know the answer to this already?
I just want to figure out if I'll be buying both versions of just the one in November. :)
-Kelly

are the extras going to be the same for both discs? is the only difference between the two an extended version? if it is, ill be buying it in august.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks