What's new

***Official 'Fellowship of the Ring' DVD Announcement Thread (1 Viewer)

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
I'm sure I heard something about a big announcement of the LOTR details today a few weeks ago.

Was I dreaming?

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
What's this in reference to? TTT trailer, DVD releases, or something else?

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Does this mean The Digital Bits site will be operational again? All I keep getting is "The Digital Bits is moving!"

Pointless tangent: If it said "The Digital Bits ARE moving," it would sound right but but be incorrect.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Try refreshing the Digital Bits' website. I definitely do not just get the "Moving" message.

Eric Taylor

Agent
Man I can't wait to see this! It's gonna rock! As for the TTT trailer...actually and this is from a reliable source..it's not really a trailer...the last reel of film is to be changed on all LOTR Fellowships and a total of 3.5 minutes of footage from TTT will play at the very end of the Fellowship. I have a friend who works in a theater and that was the information that they got! Sounds like to me what will happen will be it will extend the end of the movie by 3.5 minutes and will show the beginning of TTT.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
If you're interested in the TTT footage being added to FotR this week, you may want to pop over to AICN, where Harry & Moriarty have both seen and reviewed it. It sounds spectacular.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
cantwaitcantwaitcantwait!!!! :D
I'm gonna be one giddy fanboy tomorrow morning :D

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Sounds like to me what will happen will be it will extend the end of the movie by 3.5 minutes and will show the beginning of TTT.
No, it is a preview trailer. Not a "trailer-trailer", it's a preview, but a trailer none the less. It is not just the first few minutes of the next film. It runs at the end of the movie, but before the credits. This is what it was always rumored to be and this has been confirmed by mulitple sources, including AICN.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I will bet all of you a year's worth of DVD purchases that the LOTR: FOTR announcement will include both Widescreen and Fullscreen versions of the disc, a la Harry Potter!

Any takers? :p)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I'd love to be able to take that bet, but I know you speak the truth :frowning:
Oh well... As long as my sexy widescreen anamorphic set is there for me :)

I hate rumours, but I have read several places that a VHS only release will happen in July followed by a massive special edition DVD in November.
PLEASE dont let it be true. I will take a bare bones edition on the same date as VHS.:frowning: :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks