What's new

Hedy Lamarr's Dishonored Lady on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I've gone down the Hedy Lamarr rabbit hole & I'm having trouble surfacing! I few years ago I watched the Hedy Lamarr documentary (on PBS if I remember correctly) & then watched The Strange Woman. The Film Chest restored DVD is the best available version.
This week Dishonored Lady appeared on Prime, the print is awful and missing the first five minutes, I believe it's a loaner from Paramount+. A search on YT yielded multiple copies of that same print. A search at Amazon yielded a review by R. Burger that hints that the 2002 Miracle Pictures DVD is the best AV but it too is missing the first five minutes. Does anyone here have the Miracle Pictures DVD and can comment on AV quality?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
...Sorry but it's not HEDY
1681626407833.png

.. it's HEDLEY, HEDLEY LAMARR :D!

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
makes you wonder how Mel Brooks got away with it but come to think of it, any publicity is good publicity? Thanks for the reply, now back to Dishonored Lady....

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I have this one. Id love a Blu-ray upgrade, but this works fine :)

View attachment 181596
That's the VCI. I've seen Dishonored Lady runtimes of 80mins, 85mins on other PD releases but VCI says 82mins?
Does the VCI include the first scene, inside a stationary car, cop, crash, therapist session? The second scene starts with her entering a skyscraper at ground level? That's were Prime & YT PD copies start.
Do the introductory titles wobble around?

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
That's the VCI. I've seen Dishonored Lady runtimes of 80mins, 85mins on other PD releases but VCI says 82mins?
Does the VCI include the first scene, inside a stationary car, cop, crash, therapist session? The second scene starts with her entering a skyscraper at ground level? That's were Prime & YT PD copies start.
Do the introductory titles wobble around?
The credits do not wobble around. The runtime is 124:06
The opening scene has her in a car, 2 cops , a chase followed by a crash and a therapist helps her inside after the crash. Then the therapist and Hedy talk while she's lying on the couch. Then there is the skyscraper scene and she walks inside the building.
Hope that helps!

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
The credits do not wobble around. The runtime is 124:06
The opening scene has her in a car, 2 cops , a chase followed by a crash and a therapist helps her inside after the crash. Then the therapist and Hedy talk while she's lying on the couch. Then there is the skyscraper scene and she walks inside the building.
Hope that helps!
Thanks, that helps. I take it the runtime is 84 mins 6 secs. As nobody has responded about the Miracle Pictures DVD I'll order and check it out!

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I received a 'new' Miracle Pictures DVD. Unfortunately the DVD was loose in the case and the center area was covered in radial scratches. I used Maguiare's fine scratch remover to polish the light scratches and it played fine in my Sony BDP-S6700. This Sony series of Blu-ray players are better than any of my previous players at dealing with scratches.
Dishonored Lady is a fun movie, mainly due to the excellent direction of Robert Stephenson. The Miracle Pictures print has good contrast. I believe the intro & exit credits have been stabilized, they are rock steady, the rest of the print could do with the same treatment. I'm surprised a company like Film Chest has NOT tackled this print. With some modern tools applied it could look even better. If a reputable company owns the Dishonered Lady OCN why hasn't it been transferred to disc, it is a charming movie? Highly recommended.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
Having had some success with Dishonered Lady I tried the Strange Woman Film Chest DVD. I'd previously seen this on Prime and the DVD is a big upgrade, it looks almost Blu-ray like at times. I noticed skin textures looked overly smooth and there's an absence of fine grain, I'm not sure if the reason is DNR or the OCN. I wonder if this film will ever get a full digital restoration with an appropriate amount of grain and film damage removed, there's potential there?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks