What's new

The Way We Were 50th Anniversary 4k? (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Per the Digital Bits
Finally today, retail sources are also now indicating that Sony will be releasing Sydney Pollack’s The Way We Were (1973) on 4K Ultra HD as a new 50th Anniversary Edition sometime in January. Again, we’ll post more details as we learn them.
  • The Way We Were: 50th Anniversary Edition (US/UK) – TBA January 2023 – N4K, DV, DA
You would think there would be an announcement soon if it is released in January, A few months ago there was an article about Streisand working on one of her films that she didn't direct. Hopefully this is the film. I would love if it contained a preview version of the film with the political stuff that was cut from the released version put back in even if just SD..

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Per the Digital Bits
Finally today, retail sources are also now indicating that Sony will be releasing Sydney Pollack’s The Way We Were (1973) on 4K Ultra HD as a new 50th Anniversary Edition sometime in January. Again, we’ll post more details as we learn them.
  • The Way We Were: 50th Anniversary Edition (US/UK) – TBA January 2023 – N4K, DV, DA
You would think there would be an announcement soon if it is released in January, A few months ago there was an article about Streisand working on one of her films that she didn't direct. Hopefully this is the film. I would love if it contained a preview version of the film with the political stuff that was cut from the released version put back in even if just SD..

I am surprised no official announcement for a January release as well. Maybe we'll get one this or next week.

Never saw this film but I'm always happy when a catalog title like this gets 4k treatment and since it's a Sony title, chances are always excellent it will look superb.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Never saw this film but I'm always happy when a catalog title like this gets 4k treatment and since it's a Sony title, chances are always excellent it will look superb.
It's one of the few Streisand movies I actually watched in a movie theater during its theatrical run. I took my girlfriend to see it during the 1973 Christmas holidays. A really good film!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks