What's new

Official "Buy Bob an SVS" Thread (1 Viewer)

Steve Zimmerman

Second Unit
One of our forum members has been unnecessarily picked on over the last few months. Every time he posts on just about any topic, a handful of you guys insist on bringing up the fact that he owns no subwoofer.
Well, it's time for that to STOP... As an answer to you heretics, I would hereby like to start the "Buy Bob an SVS PCi 25-31" fund. As the self-designated chairperson of this fund, I hereby commit an initial $75 to this effort.
I am completely, totally serious about this and would invite others to participate. Please post your contribution amount to this thread and send me email at [email protected] if you are interested in contributing. I will take up a collection via PayPal.
C'mon guys, let's help Bob get that SVS he's always wanted!!
--Steve

Ned

Supporting Actor
I don't support this. Bob never posts about his desire to have an SVS so why should we buy him one? He can definitely afford it if he changes his mind. There are probably dozens of other more deserving people on this forum who would benefit much more from a group gift.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Yeah like me.. I want a subwoofer.. I have entered both
contests.. I think I provide worthwile info on this forum!
Buy Meeee an SVS! It's either that or I am buying my own
Acoustic Research ARS500 :)

Steve Zimmerman

Second Unit
To be honest, Ned, don't you think the forum would benefit if Bob had an SVS subwoofer? Please read my post again in that context.

--Steve

Bob_A

Supporting Actor
I appreciate the thought here, Steve. Really. I will be buying a subwoofer(s) down the road. Just give me some time. I will probably be looking at Hsu Research, VMPS, Adire Audio, and Mirage. Right now I am 90% music, no external subwoofer. After I get an external subwoofer, I will also buy an spl meter. Thanks again for the concern. Audioenvy is a great idea. It gives people a chance to audition equipment which may not be easy to audition otherwise.

Steve Zimmerman

Second Unit
You're welcome, Bob, but I'm going to continue to pursue this. I can really think of nothing I'd like more than to help you get an SVS.

--Steve

Bob_A

Supporting Actor
Steve, it is not a money issue. My setup is in the family room for now. No external sub allowed there. In the future I will try to set things up in the basement.

Bob_A

Supporting Actor
"I volunteer to kick the door open and tie him up while you install the sub, Steve."
LOL Walt...now that is a good one! :D

Steve Zimmerman

Second Unit
Jeffrey, let's keep this a positive discussion if you don't mind. I'm sure there's nothing Bob has against SVS that having one wouldn't cure.

--Steve

Bob_A

Supporting Actor
"BobA, just a quick question. What do you have against SVS? Are you afraid of how much you'll like thier subs?"

Any of the subwoofers mentioned here should perform well based on the objective data. I prefer a different (more traditional?) look. The SS series from SVS is perhaps an exception. This subwoofer can be made with a nice wood finish to match your decor. Of course, there is an added expense in doing so. The TN series from Hsu is also not traditional, but it is does have a very slim profile which is nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks