What's new

Official "Buy Bob an SVS" Thread (1 Viewer)

Bob_A

Supporting Actor
Steve, the DT's have a nice slim profile. Both Mirage and DT have subwoofers which have piano-black gloss endcaps just like the DT loudspeakers. As for profile, the Hsu TN series is very slim and actually takes up no more floor space than my DT loudspeakers.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
After I get an external subwoofer, I will also buy an spl meter.
Since you're never going to buy yourself a subwoofer, does this mean we can assume that you'll never get the SPL meter as well? :D
Seriously though, you ought to take Steve up on the offer. Remember, Bob, knowledge is power. If you had first-hand experience with an SVS on your own system, imagine the ammunition you could have during these powered towers vs. subs threads (assuming you end up not liking the SVS of course). No one could despute you're word then, could they?
When it comes down to it, you have absolutely nothing to lose. We pay for the sub, ship it out to you, and you try it out. If you don't like it, you can always send it back for a full refund, or maybe you could sell it to a HTF member who would like one. Ultimately, you get to try out a fine piece of home theater equipment at no charge and do with it as you wish.
If you publicly state that you will accept Steve's offer, I will gladly donate $10 to this cause. It's not much, but it's enough to show that I'm serious about this too.

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Or we could get the $40 together for the SPL meter....and a tripod? And a test disc, too.

Bob has 'subs' in the DT's, right?

Might as well get what you can from them.

I'll spot $5 for the SPLM. Let me know...

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Colin,

I was the individual that offered him my SPL meter, free of charge, shipped to his house.

Why would he take up this offer, instead of mine?

Regards,

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
I don't care for Lexicon. Why don't more people talk about Krell, Theta, Meridian, Tag, Sansui, Funai? They have some great products. Check their websites for specs.
How many times do I have to post this before you guys start taking up a collection to buy me an MC-12?:D

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Now that's cool! I think, though, that I am in a more dire need of an SVS 25-31 PCi due to monetary constraints! ;) :) :D

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Stacy,
With that line of thinking, maybe I can go to one of the car forums and see if I can score a Porsche 911 Turbo! :)
Brian,
This isn't about money. This is about doing something extraordinary for an extraordinary forum member.

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
Car forums? Where?!! I'd love to tell everyone about all the cars I don't like...damn Corvettes and Italian exotics!

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
John K -

Yeah, I remember that. Who knows the way of the Bob.

Maybe that new 8" Velo.....

Adil M

Supporting Actor
I'd donate ten bucks, but I call "dibs" on getting the sub if he doesn't like it.

Mike Sloan

Second Unit
Is Bob_A the same guy as bob23_60201 at AVS forum? Everytime I say anything regarding an HSU product (that I own..by the way) this "interesting" individual tears out of his clothes and becomes....."SUPER HSU MAN!!!!!" Can anyone shed some light on this entity?

Jonathan T

Second Unit
Damn, forget steve. Get me a pair of AV-15's a Samson S1500, a BFD, some cables, some MDF, and some polyfill. I'm 15 years old and don't have adult income!!!!!!!!!:D

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
I say screw buying Bob a subwoofer. I say we loan him a SVS for a week, then take it away. After that, you can bet he'll be scrambling to buy one his own damn self. Problem solved! :D

E

Eric Kahn

Hoe about the "Buy Eric the guts for the 24 inch sonotubes in my garage" thread?

first I have to fugure out a good way to get the purple painted plaster off the tubes, they were a prop for a Cincinnati opera production

Mark KU

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
Yep, that's Bob. He got the boot here or he'd probably still be annoying everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks