What's new

New Titanic release with soundtrack DVD (1 Viewer)

I spotted details on the www.play247.com site of a November 11th release of this film, it's a two disc set with the second disc being the sound track. There is a shot of the DVD box as well.
I guess this means we can expect a special edition to follow hopefully soon. And hopefully in DTS:D

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I have good reason to believe that there is a very good chance that Titanic will end up becoming Paramount's first ever DTS DVD. Its no secret that they released it in DTS on Laserdisc, but Paramount has shown an interest in supporting DTS on a "landmark" title in the not too distant future. November of this year is probably a year too early for it, but that doesn't mean it wont happen.

Update.

Just spotted this in a UK edition of DVD Monthly.

20th Century Fox on November the 4th are releasing two disc sets with film on one and soundtrack on the other.

Films are Braveheart, Chariots of Fire, The Commitments, Dances With Wolves, The Beach, and Titanic. Priced at £19.99 each, I have no idear if there is a simular USA release.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
It seems from looking at that website that the R2 version of Blackhawk Down, 2 DVD set is already out in Europe. What gives for the US...??

Clint B

Second Unit
I think that many people would be (rightly) angry if it weren't anamorphic this time.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yo Tino! Where are ya man!! :)
I'm a tad nervous about this release even if it is for region 2 right now. So far it does not sound like the big UE dvd that i've been praying for. :frowning: But that could change I guess by the time we get it here. I'm hoping for a Black Hawk Down type of deal where we'll get a three or four disc set here. Hell, Pearl Harbor got one, so why not the most successful film in worldwide box office history?
It most definitly of course will be anamorphic this time, as stated it would be completly whacked if it's not, and that alone makes me happier than hell! :)
I've always said here that the current disc is nowhere near an accurate representation of the film, especially after seeing it on the big screen again a few months back in Jersey, that REALLY brought out the dvd's flaws for me. Too bright, and too sharp.
I'm just thankful that the wheels are finally starting to turn for this film getting it's day on dvd! When the R1 version is announced, it will be my most anticipated dvd in the history of my involvement in dvd collecting!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I'm right here John!:)
I believe that when an SE of Titanic is finally announced, it will be months in advance and I expect it to be the most comprehensive DVD set ever released.
There is a wealth of supplemental material that could be included, both historical and film related.
Something tells me that it wll not be too far off. I don't think what is being discussed here is what the fans have been wating for. The BIG SE is coming.....soon I hope.;)

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
The only thing I heard about Titanic is that it will be released in the 4th quarter of 2003 as a Collector's Edition from Paramount.
No futher details but I can assume that it will be Anamorphic this time and maybe even feature DTS as a Paramount first.
We'll have to wait and see ;)

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Yup, French get the 3 disc too, Mark. There may be one or two more things on the R1 given there is additional time to tweak it, but thats the basic spec we have so far for R1.

Dan

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
the very same magazine also has a review of ET 20th anniversary edition if anybody is interested.

Lee_eel

Second Unit
Why have they re-issued Titanic at all. They have a cheek to re-issue the rubbish dvd at all in my opinion. Why not release an anamorphic disc now and give people the choice of buying the special edition next year or owning a good looking version now!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks