What's new

New Mario Sunshine pictures for your viewing pleasure... (1 Viewer)

Dan B

Screenwriter
Your wrong Dan! Your wrong! Those graphics are the best ever. You have not idea what the hell your talking about!!!!!
Shut up! You can't even spell, you pathetic pile of fanboy excrement!!!
angryfire.gif

(thanks Romier, that's much better) :D
BTW, Nintendo has their official Super Mario Sunshine page up now: SMS Homepage - Japanese Language
-Dan B

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
The graphics have got to be a style choice...after seeing Resident Evil, I know the GameCube can pump out the textures just as good as the XBox.

*yawn*.......wake me when it gets here.

Jason Borchers

Second Unit
I think it's still too early to judge the graphics, but it looks OK to me.
Of course, I'll be getting it no matter what. Mario games are automatic must-buys for me. :)

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Put me in to the "I want to see it moving first" group. Not much there to get me excited about the game yet. I can accept the textures, but really if you look at whats on the screen it looks very basic so far in terms of enviorments. I like the palm trees, but why such plain block buildings with no curves or details what so ever? Hopefully E3 gives me a better impression as I am also looking forward to adding this game to my Cube library.

Dean

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think that either Nintendo is still finishing the textures or they suck at capturing screens. The quality of the pics is very low, and the textures seem incomplete.

Oh well. It'll rock.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
I always considered the Mario Universe to be one big cartoon. Hence, the absence of super-detailed textures in these screen shots makes sense to me. Maybe it doesn't look as impressive as games like Resident Evil or Eternal Darkness, which feature very realistic textures and character models, but that certainly wouldn't be appropriate for a Mario game, would it?

The screen caps may not blow me away, but they look just perfect!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Nintendo always sucks at taking screenshots. Wait until someone gets a copy and starts capturing some good shots and it'll probably look a little better anyway.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I've been hearing gossip of lots of nice depth of field effects etc, things that don't always translate well into screenshots...

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
http://planetgamecube.com just posted a secret WMV file promoting their E3 DVD. The WMV shows some in-game footage of Super Mario Sunshine and Zelda. Both look pretty darn good in motion. I was especially impressed with the new Zelda, which I was having doubts about.

Dan B

Screenwriter
NOA has the Mario page updated with high-quality shots of the above pictures. Check them out here.
-Dan

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the screens Dan! One thing you immediately notice is how colorful and vibrant the game is!
For those a little leary of the graphics you may want to go ahead and download:
click here
Its the original movie shown for Mario, very early but the game is in motion (and looks rather good!)

Dan B

Screenwriter
Here are a couple of new shots. Click on the thumbs for the full-sized pics.
Mario_Sunshine_24.jpg
Mario_Sunshine_25.jpg

-Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks