What's new

New Mario Sunshine pictures for your viewing pleasure... (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Here they are: (Mods if there are any issues with the sizes please let me know and Ill convert to links)
mariosunshine_042502_10.jpg

mariosunshine_042502_4.jpg

mariosunshine_042502_5.jpg

Mario is really starting to shape up and IMHO looks fantastic. Come on August!

Ike

Screenwriter
Oh no...a thing on his back that shoots water....please, don't be Mario's Mansion!

ryan davis

Stunt Coordinator
My gamecube has been waiting for this title since the day it was released. This thread would make it so happy! ;)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Actually, the thing on his back shoots other stuff. Miyamoto alluded to some other things in an interview, like fire even.

The game is going to undoubtedly play very different from Luigi's Mansion, so I don't see what people are complaining about. So what if he has some device on his back.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Is that Mario grinding a rail in that first linked picture?

I just don't get why the graphics look so poor in all of the screens so far. Let's hope E3 brings some quality screens...not to be a graphics snob or anything... :b

-Dan

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I don't think the graphics look "poor" I just think they're in keeping with the simplistic Mario universe. I agree they're not immediately stunning like Halo but I'm sure this is a stylistic decision.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Again, I'd argue it is a stylistic decision. Simple primary colors are what make up Mario's world (come on, you've been there before :)).
Rare's Banjo series made a different stylistic decision (which is a good thing as something was necessary to differentiate it from other games).

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Dan, I am not overly impressed with the screenshots, either, but then the first time I saw shots of Jet Set Radio Future I was severly underwhelmed as well. Then my friend convinced me to download a trailer, and when I saw it in motion, I damn near fell out of my chair. Really, I was amazed at how something that looked flat and boring in a screenshot could seem so vibrant and stunning in motion. I'll bet this game is the same way. The screenshots aren't doing anything for me, but when a trailer becomes available I expect to be picking myself up off the floor again. :)

Ike

Screenwriter
Actually, the thing on his back shoots other stuff. Miyamoto alluded to some other things in an interview, like fire even.
:eek: Like Luigi in Luigi's Mansion? *crosses fingers*
I bet it will be good, but I just hope it doesn't end up like Luigi.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Damn it, as hard as I try, I can't even get into an argument about graphics here. :D Gotta love the Home Theater Forum...so civilized.
Paul, Dave, Camp, & everyone:
I've heard that there are some nice graphical effects going on in the game such as dripping paint & morphing/blending colors and such. I'm sure it'll be a very cool game world.
-Dan "make E3 get here" B.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Damn it, as hard as I try, I can't even get into an argument about graphics here. Gotta love the Home Theater Forum...so civilized.
Your wrong Dan! Your wrong! Those graphics are the best ever. You have not idea what the hell your talking about!!!!!:angry:
(There Dan, Argue away :D)

JasonK

Supporting Actor
While the graphics may not be mind-blowing, they work for me. My poor dusty Gamecube is salivating in anticipation.

Good to see Toad and Yoshi back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks