What's new

New guy question on multi sub wiring (1 Viewer)

Timdhawk

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim Hawkins
Hello all. Thanks for letting me come play.

So I'm going to be wiring a 7.2.4 system. My question is about the subs. I want to in-wall pre-wire 2 separate sub locations for each of my 2 sub feeds off my receiver. I want to do this for placement options. For example I want to wire sub 1 for say, either front and left while sub 2 is back and right... depending on what sounds the best. SO... with that If I run RG6, can I run the feed line off the receiver into a 2 way RG6 splitter that then will feed both wall outlets? I'd never be running both subs off of one feed. I do plan on using RG6 to F-type connections and such...

Does all that make sense? Would there be any issues with pushing the signal thru a two way splitter if there is ever only one sub on it?

thanx!

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Never heard of using a splitter for RG6 for an audio signal. It should work, but I think I’d just run two home runs from the perspective locations back to the receiver.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks