What's new

New Covers: The Ring & Three Colors (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Damn, I didn't even see those specs until now. I fricken' treasure this film, and while the film obviously will always be the most important thing to me, these specs are indeed INCREDIBLY disappointing! I was expecting the best, as Dreamworks DVDs always are loaded, so this feels like a knife through the heart!

ChrisJefferys

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry, don't like the Three Colours sleeve much - someone's been busy with an airbrush, it seems.
I was thinking the exact same thing (especially the Julie Delpy photo). The original VHS boxes looked perfectly fine (same photos). Why did they have to airbrush the hell out of them? (That being said, I'm still gonna buy 'em):D

Paul-Gunther

Stunt Coordinator
Is the Three Colors cover just a box the three are going to come in? Or are they coming in one case, ala Back To The Future?

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Is the Three Colors cover just a box the three are going to come in? Or are they coming in one case, ala Back To The Future?
Since they're available individually, I imagine the picture above is from the slipcover for the three-pack. DVDEmpire has had the individual discs covers up for a few weeks.

JulianK

Supporting Actor
I've had a look at the original poster images for the Three Colours trilogy.
The Blue image has been flopped, which is why it looks so odd. In the original poster Juliette Binoche is looking to the right. There also seems to have been some attempt to add some definition to her nose: the original poster image was deliberately flat and washed out. Still, I'm sure whoever defaced the original feels that they've "improved" it!
I think the White image is cropped from the US home video sleeve. It's not from the US theatrical poster, or the European poster (which shows Delpy as a bride, and Zamachowski playing comb and paper).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks