What's new

Neighbor Nightmare--Need Advice (1 Viewer)

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Nope, haven't used them and it hasn't been too bad Tony. I haven't spoken to my neighbor since last time I posted here. The only remaining problem is from the music, but it's no longer everyday and doesn't last long when it happens. Hopefully we'll have a quiet summer.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
If there are minors living alone in an apartment that sounds like child abandonment. A nice call to child protective services could unload a whole world of hurt on them.

Bill Lucas

Supporting Actor
Let's get one important point across. You CANNOT sue a previous owner of a home because the neighbors aren't what you'd like them to be. If you asked the owner or the Realtor about the neighbors and they answered you they would be in violation of the law. They can't answer question about the ethnicity of a neighborhood, how many kids live there, etc., etc., etc. It's called redlining and it is quite illegal.

Carl,

You've been more reasonable than I (and I'm a pretty reasonable guy). Call the cops about the noise and the trash and once he takes care of those problems THEN I'd offer the olive branch of the tree trimming.

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
Personally if it was me I'd hit him with the trump card, based on how long it takes legal actions to happen the sooner you get rid of him the better (and actually you would do a good civic thing and improve your neighborhood as well). The problems we see through out america with violence is because people run from problems and make it someone else's problem to deal with because it starts with small things that get larger over time (ie the previous owner of your home). If your neighbor doesn't know how to respect you I guess you'll have to teach him.

Personally if it was me, I would also keep those bottles and maybe see if your local law enforcement can pull a print and nail your neighbor again. Sounds like to me that this a is a little retalitory strike they're doing to you and you want to stop this now before they escalate it any further (sorry but imho you took enough crap already and don't deserve anymore). This could later turn into something where they might want to intimidate you or worse maybe your wife and personally I'd draw the line in the sand on this.

I personally wouldn't see why you'd want to move to supposedly solve this problem, your next neighbors in the future might even be worse and at least with this joker you know that you're playing with a full deck and it doesn't seem he does (haven't seen you state him doing anything legal back at you). I'd put a few "you're on surveillence" stickers and aim one out toward where the bottles are appearing or you think are being tossed from (so they get an angle perspective). This should give you legal firepower to force the cops to print the bottles and thus take action on this as well and it keeps it all good and legal.

My opinion make him move instead of yourself, he might even fix up the place, make it look nice to sell it, most likely you'll end with better neighbors, and your rep in the neighborhood might even force the new neighbors to straighten out their ways before a conflict could even possibly arise.

Allen_Appel

Second Unit
When I was first house shopping, my father told me to talk to the neighbors of any home that interested me. That way I could find out things about the house that the owner would never disclose and what kind of people I might be living next to. Good advice.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
After reading this thread... glad to hear things are goin' okay for ya. :D

Ray B.

Agent
Ahhhh, the classic "my nuts are bothering my neighbor" problem. :)
I'm glad to hear things are working out for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks