What's new

Need help with speakers (1 Viewer)

VijayD

Auditioning
I bought Yamaha RXV3300 recently. (Most you know where I got this, yes, it was Good-Guys! :))

Now, my biggest problem/confusion is what kind of speakers are best for me or for my RXV3300 receiver. I tried Energy Encore and JBL (Studio S36) with Yamaha HTR5660, Harman/Kardon and Marantz. And found that JBL sounds better than Energy. Before I continue any further, I just would like to let you all know that I never owned a hometheater system and do not also have indepth knowledge of it. I recently went and listened to Paradigm speakers. I listened to Paradigm Mini Monitor and Studio 20 at the store. I found Studio 20 sounds a little better or brighter (crisper sound) than Mini Monitor (they both were played w/ Pioneer Elite). But the Studio 20s ($800 a pair) are a bit costlier than Mini Monitors ($360 a pair). If I am really serious and get down to the bargaining, I might get an 8 to 14% discount on both or either of these speaker sets.

Do you think Mini Monitor would also sound better/brighter (crisper) with my Yamaha RXV3300? I real would like to see some audiophiles comment on this or suggest me what is best for me. Any kind of help is appreciated.

One last thing, I didn't like Klipsh speakers.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I'm biased towards JBL's s-series speakers. Although the s36 is not one of the absolute gems of the line, they are still really great speakers for the money.

VijayD

Auditioning
Was my explanation too long? I don't see any replies to my request. Here is the deal I am getting with Paradigm Mini Monitor (4 + CC370 Center Channel) speakers for $938 + taxes.

Is it a good deal? And how do they sound with Yamaha RX-V3300?
Help me, please.:frowning:

John S

Senior HTF Member
I didn't comment, because I am not a big fan of either product, but that doesn't mean you won't be thrilled with them both together.

Neither product seemed flat to me. That is one of my main criteria for Recievers/Amps/Speakers......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks