What's new

Need Help With My New Svs Sub And To Praise Svs For The Help Too (1 Viewer)

Tim MC

Auditioning
I bought a svs sub(16-46cs) from one of the guys here and ups killed it. I emailed Ron and Tom and told them what happened. They got back to me in about 45min. That blew me away, no other company has even done that on the phone that fast. They are taken care of the poor sub. These guys kick some ___!!! Thanks Tom,Ron and Eric for all your help guys!!! So i bought a second one from them i was so impressed. I now have one and it kills my two energy 12 inch subs in volume but i find when i turn the svs up on the sub setting to hear the lower hz it takes away from my soundstage. Where the energys blended great. I backed off the sub on the pre amp (it is a EAD Theatermaster so there is no test tone for the sub chan) and the soundstage came back but now i couldn't hear the lower hz that well. I have been useing 2 different amps and hafler dh500 255@8ohms and a carver m400 running mono about 400@8ohms ( sounds like deeper hz but not enough power) . The power is there and the svs sits in the corner with the energy sub so placement should be ok. I turn the energy subs off when running the svs and turn the svs off when running the energy subs. The energy subs are 150 rms each.
I like my low hz that is why i got two 16-46cs subs :). If anyone has any ideas that would help i would be very greatful :)

John Dunlap

Stunt Coordinator
Tim,

Have you calibrated your system using Avia or some other setup disk? I would highly recommend doing that. And if you still find the LFE to be lacking, try running your SVS about 3-5db hot. Just be careful when playing back at reference levels. By the way, the reason you may not be hearing much low frequency output is that there is not much there to hear- or I should say FEEL. The SVS's are good at providing loud, tight bass when called upon. But they're also good at being transparent (rather than boomy) when they're not.

By the way- I am also in the middle of a UPS subwoofer nightmare right now. I bought an SVS 20-39PC+ which arrived fine. but I also sold my PW-2200 through eBay and UPS did a number on it !!! I will never, NEVER use UPS again when shipping valuable electronic gear such as this.

Tim MC

Auditioning
John
sorry to hear about your sub :frowning:. I just got the Avia setup dvd. It is hard to setup with the EAD theatermaster because there is no test tone for the sub and i have my fronts crossed over at 50hz. I went threw the Avia dvd
and when i try to adjust the levels seems they are still not right :frowning:. I might have to read the manual for it again to figure out how to adjust it all manualy. The EAD is all auto configure but not the sub chan :frowning:. Anyone out there have a theatermaster encore that can help :). I am lossen my mind over this. Please help me !!!

Lito

Agent
tim,

if the subs are badly placed, you may be getting phase cancellation at your listening location.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks