What's new

My New SVS Twins Have Arrived!... (1 Viewer)

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
OK, guys...I just took delivery of a Behringer CXS-2496 processing thingy...so now what? I mean...how in heck am I going to interface it with the rest of my electronics, all which are equipped with nothing but **unbalanced** (RCA) output jacks...and this thingy only accepts **balanced** line inputs? HELP!... :frowning:

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

terence

Supporting Actor
Happy New Year Frank and to everyone here at HTF!

Frank i too can't wait to feast my eyes on all that bass in your place! Oh and may nothing get in your way this year of enjoying the fruits of your labor buddy!:emoji_thumbsup:

ChrisBee

Stunt Coordinator
Frank said:

"OK, guys...I just took delivery of a Behringer CXS-2496 processing thingy...so now what? I mean...how in heck am I going to interface it with the rest of my electronics, all which are equipped with nothing but **unbalanced** (RCA) output jacks...and this thingy only accepts **balanced** line inputs? HELP!..."

-THTS

Happy New Year Frank and to everyone else! :)

Thanks for continuing to remind us of all the advantages of simple stereo + 1 (SVS) sub. :D

Good luck with the "knitting" Frank. :b

Best regards
ChrisBee

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

They have the necessary adaptors for XLR to RCA ...
__________________________________________________ _____

Craig,

Thanks for the link, bud! I'll check 'em out...

-THTS

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

Frank i too can't wait to feast my eyes on all that bass in your place! Oh and may nothing get in your way this year of enjoying the fruits of your labor buddy! :emoji_thumbsup:
__________________________________________________ _______

Happy New Year to you too, Terence! :)

I know it sounds like a copout, but just give me a bit more time and I'll attempt taking some pics of the SVS octet (hope no one becomes disappointed, though; is only subwoofers! :D ), OK?...

-THTS

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

Thanks for continuing to remind us of all the advantages of simple stereo + 1 (SVS) sub. :D

Good luck with the "knitting" Frank. :b

Happy New Year, Chris! :)

Am only quite happy to keep remind 'ya all of that too! :D

As for the "knitting" thing...yep...I'll be needing all the luck I can muster 'fer sure!... :eek:

-THTS

terence

Supporting Actor

I hardly doubt it! The only way one can see that many SVS subs in one place is to go visit the factory, and you know they don't do tours yet. So Frank you are a SVS legend and the closest thing to the factory. Pretty cool stuff! :D :emoji_thumbsup:

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
The only way one can see that many SVS subs in one place is to go visit the factory, and you know they don't do tours yet.
__________________________________________________ __

Maybe this would be an appropriate time to do a little skit again> with Frank being the owner of SVS. (Mail asking Frank what sub does he recommend for a 12 X 12 X 8'room and then his reply:D)?? Ok, I'll wait another 6 months before I embarrass you Frank. Sure is tempting though.

Hey terence:cool:

markOJ

Auditioning
Frank could you do some measures like this
I have SVS PB12-Ultra/2 and i made some measurements with RadioShack spl meter(analog).
Subwoofer is placed in corner and measure was 3meters distance.
SVS has PEQ, i use it to get straight response as i can.
I use 25Hz tune to get maxim pressures and subsonic filter is 25Hz.

Hz dB Max dB

200 60 97
190 60
180 60
170 58
160 63
150 69 113
140 72
130 63
120 75
110 75
100 79 114
95 70
90 59
85 57
80 65
75 70
70 75
65 78
60 76
55 70
50 76 107
45 85 117
40 86 119
35 86 116
30 88 113
25 87 110
20 79 102

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

how do they sound!!! does the earth move??
__________________________________________________ ____

darrylb,

...let me put it this way: whenever I play the octet full board with certain sound material the folks at Caltech begin to look for the epicenter of another earthquake! :D I guess that can be construed as moving the earth, yes? :b

Seriously...those with built-in DIY IB systems in particular knows this very well: the playback of very low frequencies at high amplitude levels with suitable power amplification is capable of causing walls to flex...the whole house shake...things that aren't tied down or glued to rattle and fall...etc., etc., etc. But that's for showing off; :b otherwise all of my SVS subs (B4-Plus twins and 16-46 octet) do mighty, mighty fine with both music as well as with soundtracks special effects. I much prefer 'em behaving in a civilized fashion, though... :wink:

-THTS

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

I hardly doubt it! The only way one can see that many SVS subs in one place is to go visit the factory, and you know they don't do tours yet. So Frank you are a SVS legend and the closest thing to the factory. Pretty cool stuff! :D :emoji_thumbsup:
__________________________________________________ ________

Terence...I only wish SVS would have sold stock from the beginning! :D Have to admit...they do make really cool stuff, don't they?!... :emoji_thumbsup:

-THTS

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

Maybe this would be an appropriate time to do a little skit again> with Frank being the owner of SVS. (Mail asking Frank what sub does he recommend for a 12 X 12 X 8'room and then his reply)?? Ok, I'll wait another 6 months before I embarrass you Frank. Sure is tempting though.

Pal,why make folks wait that long? Go right ahead...make their day; give it your best shot!... :) :D

-THTS

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

Frank could you do some measures like this
I have SVS PB12-Ultra/2 and i made some measurements with RadioShack spl meter(analog).
Subwoofer is placed in corner and measure was 3meters distance.
SVS has PEQ, i use it to get straight response as i can.
I use 25Hz tune to get maxim pressures and subsonic filter is 25Hz
__________________________________________________ _________

Umm...is going to take some time before I'd be able to take measurements like those you show above, so have to bear with me a while longer... :b

-THTS

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Pal,why make folks wait that long? Go right ahead...make their day; give it your best shot!...:) :D

Ok you asked for it. One more time then ;)
-------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Frank M. owner of SVS,

Greetings! I am very excited about purchasing a SVS subwoofer, but I am a bit at odds on what to go with. Permitting you have time, I sure would appreciate your input.

My room is 8 X 8 X 7' with one 3 X 6' opening to a hallway and my reg listening level is -8 to -15. I look forward to your reply.

Thank you for your time and help.
Little bass Head
__________________________________________________ _____

Little bass Head,

Well you do have a situation there alright but nothing that cant be solved. The hallway presents a little challeng, but I think we have the answer.

If it were my 8 X 8 X 7' room I would go with 4 25-31CS+'s up front and 4 CS Ultra's in back. When your budget permits I would then add a B4+ to each side of the room to account for the hallway. I hope you find this doable for anything short of my recommendation could result in poor bass. Admittedly I get very tired of my customers going 1/2 way and I hope you decide to do it right! You get what you pay for so don't come whining back to me if you deviate.

Thank you for your interest in SVS.

Frank M
Owner of SVS

terence

Supporting Actor

I'm sure they would have made an exception for you buddy, and yes they do make some COOL stuff!

MikeCocc

Agent

P.S. For the Ultimate in bass experience we are currently working on something that we think is going to turn the subwoofer market inside out....

IBS's ( Internal Body Subwoofers )

We are currently working closely with a group of leading colon surgeons to implant 10" or 12" drivers directly inside a person's body ( I currently have two 12" drivers ( Model# PB12-IBS/2 ) implanted. )

I can honestly say you haven't felt bass until you've felt bass the way I feel bass right now... I'm in heaven.

Frank

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
What's up Steve!

Hi terence. Well I'm on vacation and decided to give Frank a hard time:D I can hear him now saying get back to work or go out and do some choirs.

>>>We are currently working closely with a group of leading colon surgeons to implant 10" or 12" drivers directly inside a person's body

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks