What's new

My Little Margie - Complete First Season on DVD! (2 Viewers)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I second that. The episodes I've watched look great, and sign me up for Season Two. Hope they release other classic sitcoms in the future, even with that pesky RE-TV logo. God, maybe even "Bachelor Father".

I take it then that My Little Margie is a select show to you (which means you'll take it however you can get it, even with that RE-TV logo)?

DaveHof3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
Had vague memories of enjoying this series eons ago when it was syndicated on some local station. But after watching the first few episodes it wasn't clicking for me. Fortunately, it found its stride pretty quickly, and by the time I got to episodes like "Efficiency Expert" (Hank Kimball!), "Radioactive Margie" and the hilarious "Margie's Sister Sally," I could certainly see why the show succeeded in Lucy's time slot over that summer so long ago.

I'm definitely in for the rest of this journey.

rcbrad

Agent
Real Name
Rick
On Decades they are cut. The DVDs are complete.
Thanks for letting me know that One Happy family dvd episodes are not cut. I was thinking of buying this, since this is the case, but the shipping is $9.95 for one dvd disk!!?? The DVD itself is very reasonably priced, but this is not worth $15.00 total.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I second that. The episodes I've watched look great, and sign me up for Season Two. Hope they release other classic sitcoms in the future, even with that pesky RE-TV logo. God, maybe even "Bachelor Father".

Bachelor Father is copyrighted.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Anyone know when season 2 of My Little Margie will be released by Nostalgia Family ?

Last edited:

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Don't know, but noticed the distributor is calling itself, Reel Vault, now.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
You're not going to find many entities these days that care about 60+ year old shows.
I was having that discussion with someone this morning in regards to old music. I think we have a responsibility to promote the older stuff to the younger generation, the ones that will listen anyway. I taught my son to appreciate older country music. He'll turn 22 in a few days and surprises people that he knows Hank Williams, Sr. and Buck Owens. He likes the new stuff as well, but I instilled in him a love for the older stuff.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Anyone know when and if we'll be able to buy the other seasons of My Little Margie ? Also wondering about the same companies One Happy Family release ?

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I was having that discussion with someone this morning in regards to old music. I think we have a responsibility to promote the older stuff to the younger generation, the ones that will listen anyway. I taught my son to appreciate older country music. He'll turn 22 in a few days and surprises people that he knows Hank Williams, Sr. and Buck Owens. He likes the new stuff as well, but I instilled in him a love for the older stuff.

I actually surprised my father by enjoying my first Western ever-- Have Gun, Will Travel (w/the late Richard Boone); I then moved on to another Western (that being Wanted: Dead or Alive [w/the late Steve McQueen; this one I saw all of; unlike Have Gun]). I got Wanted because my father used to see it on Encore Westerns, and I wanted to see what it was all about and why it was acclaimed, so I took the gamble on it, and it paid off handsomely.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I actually surprised my father by enjoying my first Western ever-- Have Gun, Will Travel (w/the late Richard Boone); I then moved on to another Western (that being Wanted: Dead or Alive [w/the late Steve McQueen; this one I saw all of; unlike Have Gun]). I got Wanted because my father used to see it on Encore Westerns, and I wanted to see what it was all about and why it was acclaimed, so I took the gamble on it, and it paid off handsomely.
Both excellent westerns from the "golden era" for the genre on TV. HGWT is my all-time favorite TV western.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I take it then that My Little Margie is a select show to you (which means you'll take it however you can get it, even with that RE-TV logo)?
It's pretty much that way for me . I'd prefer to get seasons , or the whole series taken from pristine 35 mm prints on quality DVDs with extras and a booklet etc. ( think Leave It TO Beaver on Shout Factory ) . But, I know that will probably never happen. So I'll take these uncut episode from 16mm on DVD -R's and enjoy them . Still I wish there was some news on seasons 2 through 4 though.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Amazingly , VCI is now releasing Vol. 4 of I Married Joan composed of 10 episodes on a single disc (just like Vol . 3) . That brings the total episodes VCI has released of IMJ to 44 out of 93. This is up for preorder on Amazon.
No word so far on further releases of My Little Margie , Waterfront or any of the other B&W shows VCI has been releasing sporadically.
I'm still hopeful that we'll see the rest of My Little Margie from Nostalgia Family .

Last edited:

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
Amazingly , VCI is now releasing Vol. 4 of I Married Joan composed of 10 episodes on a single disc (just like Vol . 3). That brings the total episodes VCI has released of IMJ to 44 out of 93.

May I ask you a question, Lou?

When this series was first being aired and I was very little, an episode of this show came on where Joan gets caught in a harp. Completely entangled, I guess. Hilarity ensues. Apparently my young self was frightened by this and started screaming and crying according to all accounts...so much so that they had to turn the program off. I was told about this a few times and I don't have any recollection of this incident at all, but I've always wanted to see the episode and see if anything registers in the far reaches of my psyche. LOL!

Do you know what the episode title of that show was and if it's one of the 44 available episodes?

(I just looked up when the series originally aired and it must have been a syndicated running of this show I saw after it was over.)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
May I ask you a question, Lou?

When this series was first being aired and I was very little, an episode of this show came on where Joan gets caught in a harp. Completely entangled, I guess. Hilarity ensues. Apparently my young self was frightened by this and started screaming and crying according to all accounts...so much so that they had to turn the program off. I was told about this a few times and I don't have any recollection of this incident at all, but I've always wanted to see the episode and see if anything registers in the far reaches of my psyche. LOL!

Do you know what the episode title of that show was and if it's one of the 44 available episodes?

(I just looked up when the series originally aired and it must have been a syndicated running of this show I saw after it was over.)
I'm glad Joe Lugoff was able to identify the episode title . I remember the episode, but not the title until Joe posted it .

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
Martin, that would be Season 1, Episode 29, "Repairs," first shown on April 29, 1953.

It's on YouTube:

I wasn't expecting that!

I'm glad Joe Lugoff was able to identify the episode title . I remember the episode, but not the title until Joe posted it .

Thank you so much Joe and Lou!
I'll watch this on the weekend!
(Maybe I should have a sedative handy!)

howard1908

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
howard hughes
Does anybody know whats holding up the release of the other season of my little margie, would really like to see the rest of this show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks