What's new

My GOD- The sub i've been drooling over (1 Viewer)

Chip E

Screenwriter
Just checked the SVS news page. The PB2-Ultra is announced. I ordered a PB2+, cancelled it wanting the Ultra .. then, after moving all my gear into my basement, i needed more woof. I've sold my original 20-39PC to a friend just getting into HT. He gets it this coming Wednesday...no matter what.. I reordered the PB2+ about 9 days ago and sure as shit, i'm having huge trouble sitting still with my decision now.

Eric, you may end up hating me..

I really want this sub.

http://www.svsubwoofers.com/news.htm

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Pre-orders available (hopefully) in mid-October. My company's year-end bonus checks available at about the same time. Coincidence or fate?

Chip, in all seriousness, ask the guys at SVS how much difference the PB2-Ultra will make over the PB2+ in your space. You are looking at nearly double the cost and a few more months of waiting.

-Robb

Chip E

Screenwriter
Robb,

Yeah, i know... The cost isn't really a factor. Preorders in 5 weeks or so.. It's a fight not to just wait. I'll most likly stick with the PB2+. It's more than capable in my 2550 Cf room.

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
Chip,

In a room your size the PB-2+ will blow your mind. My HT room is 6,000+CF and open to other areas, one much larger, and my PB-2+ still kicks me in the chest pretty darn hard. I've replaced about 6 light bulbs in the past month and am now replacing them with those screwy looking long life bulbs. I suggest you pick some up, or invest in GE stock.:D

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Well I have not blown any bulbs like Alex has (I think he just likes his bass way loud to impress the neighbors haha) but I have shaken a few things around quite a bit. I have not let it open up all the way either yet.

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
Hey, I'm only running it 5 dB hot!:D I need to bump it up as I love the impact but am often forced (for WAF reasons) to keep the overall sound down. When she's out and I get a chance to play bad things can happen.:D

Chip E

Screenwriter
Alex & Mike,

What tune configuration have you guy's found you like the best so far ? BTW, TV says my PB2+ will probably ship Monday. :emoji_thumbsup:

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
Chip,

I like it with one port plugged and the x-over at 20 Hz. I've heard it sounds really good with all ports open and the x-over at 16 but my room is very large and I'm afraid I might bottom it out in that configuration.

Alex

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Nuts to this sub! I want to see a B4 Ultra! :) I shudder to think of what that could do.

I hadn't looked at their news page for a while, so this is the first time I've seen the box subs with the colored wood finishes. I must say the work on that cherry red one looks quite wonderful. I suspect that it would match very well with a set of Rockets.

Chip E

Screenwriter
Alex,

With a 2550 Cf room here, i'm think'n 3 ports open-SS filter set at 16 like Ed does. Of course i'll check them all out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks