My GOD- The sub i've been drooling over

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Chip E, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

Just checked the SVS news page. The PB2-Ultra is announced. I ordered a PB2+, cancelled it wanting the Ultra .. then, after moving all my gear into my basement, i needed more woof. I've sold my original 20-39PC to a friend just getting into HT. He gets it this coming Wednesday...no matter what.. I reordered the PB2+ about 9 days ago and sure as shit, i'm having huge trouble sitting still with my decision now.

Eric, you may end up hating me..

I really want this sub.

http://www.svsubwoofers.com/news.htm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Robb Roy

Robb Roy Supporting Actor

Pre-orders available (hopefully) in mid-October. My company's year-end bonus checks available at about the same time. Coincidence or fate?

Chip, in all seriousness, ask the guys at SVS how much difference the PB2-Ultra will make over the PB2+ in your space. You are looking at nearly double the cost and a few more months of waiting.

-Robb

3. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

Robb,

Yeah, i know... The cost isn't really a factor. Preorders in 5 weeks or so.. It's a fight not to just wait. I'll most likly stick with the PB2+. It's more than capable in my 2550 Cf room.

4. Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden Screenwriter

[​IMG]

Wow, I want to, SOOOOO bad. [​IMG]

5. Alex Prosak

Alex Prosak Supporting Actor

Chip,

In a room your size the PB-2+ will blow your mind. My HT room is 6,000+CF and open to other areas, one much larger, and my PB-2+ still kicks me in the chest pretty darn hard. I've replaced about 6 light bulbs in the past month and am now replacing them with those screwy looking long life bulbs. I suggest you pick some up, or invest in GE stock.[​IMG]

6. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

Well I have not blown any bulbs like Alex has (I think he just likes his bass way loud to impress the neighbors haha) but I have shaken a few things around quite a bit. I have not let it open up all the way either yet.

7. Alex Prosak

Hey, I'm only running it 5 dB hot![​IMG] I need to bump it up as I love the impact but am often forced (for WAF reasons) to keep the overall sound down. When she's out and I get a chance to play bad things can happen.[​IMG]

8. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

Alex & Mike,

What tune configuration have you guy's found you like the best so far ? BTW, TV says my PB2+ will probably ship Monday. [​IMG]

9. Alex Prosak

Chip,

I like it with one port plugged and the x-over at 20 Hz. I've heard it sounds really good with all ports open and the x-over at 16 but my room is very large and I'm afraid I might bottom it out in that configuration.

Alex

10. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

Nuts to this sub! I want to see a B4 Ultra! [​IMG] I shudder to think of what that could do.

I hadn't looked at their news page for a while, so this is the first time I've seen the box subs with the colored wood finishes. I must say the work on that cherry red one looks quite wonderful. I suspect that it would match very well with a set of Rockets.

11. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

Alex,

With a 2550 Cf room here, i'm think'n 3 ports open-SS filter set at 16 like Ed does. Of course i'll check them all out [​IMG]