What's new

Disney+ Ms. Marvel (Marvel Cinematic Universe) (1 Viewer)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Ms Marvel to be shown on network TV!

I assume that it's intended as prep for the release of The Marvels, but I'm also wondering if it might also be a sign that Disney may be testing the waters for airing some other Disney+ originals on ABC. Especially given that the WGA and SAG-AFTRA strikes are wrecking havoc on the fall network schedules, and they'll need substitute programming.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think the roots of this go back to when Iger stepped in for Chapek, and they announced a change of direction where D+ content was no longer necessarily guaranteed to only be on D+. The current strikes and upcoming movie tie-in made this a prime candidate for a broadcast run and I think we’ll probably see more of this from other vertically integrated content providers.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I think we’ll probably see more of this from other vertically integrated content providers.

Likely. Paramount has already started running 1883 on their eponymous cable network (with the first two episodes also airing on other Paramount-owned cable networks like MTV and TV Land). And there's Disney running the first two seasons of Reservation Dogs on FX proper (as opposed to "FX on Hulu").

I'd say that this is the first instance of anyone running a streaming show on broadcast network TV, but CBS did run Season 1 of The Good Fight during the summer a couple of years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks