What's new

Mitsubishi WT-46809 (1 Viewer)

Shalen

Grip
I'm not sure this is the best or correct place to post the question, but I'm sure someone will let me know if it is not.

My sister and brother-in-law are looking to upgrade their TV. The currently have a Mitsubishi WT-46809, and offered to sell it to me for $500. She is going to throw in a DVD player and XBox, but I already have a DVD and don't play video games hardly at all. My question is do you think it is a fair or good price, or would you recommend spending roughly double that for something like the RCA D52W32? I'm not concerned that my sister is trying to scam me, as she wouldn't do that, I just want other opinions on buying a 4 or 5 yr old HDTV. I want an HDTV, but don't want to spend much more than a grand for a TV.

Thanks

Tim Jin

Supporting Actor
Is your sister going to feed you also? For some reason, deals sounds even better when there is food involve.

Pizza, Pizza!

$500 is a bit much for a 5 year old TV, but you are getting a DVD player and a XBox.

Do you know if the TV has been serviced?

What is the viewing habits with your sister and brother-in-law?

Did they use the set as their primary, or did they use it for movies and games?

Did they view everything in stretch mode or 4:3?

Has the TV been calibrated by a pro or by using a setup disc?

How does the picture looks to you?

For $1000 you can do a lot better than a RCA. RCA is crap. Don't get one. For $500 on a 5 year old Mitsubishi is a bit high, but Mitsubishi's are far better TV's than RCA's.

If the TV looks good to you, without any burn-ins, shoot for $450.

Shalen

Grip
Usually when I go over there I raid the fridge, so I suppose there is food involved.

I don't think it has been serviced or calibrated by a pro.

They mainly watch TV on it and some movies. I think the only time games are played on it is when my cousin comes to visit.

The picture looks good, and I might go take a look at the HD channels this weekend, as I have never seen them. $450 and $500 are the same to me when it comes to family, but I appreciate your input.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks