What's new

Mitsubishi WS-65311 (1 Viewer)

Hi guys,
I was looking at the Mitsubishi line of TV's from Sears. My first choice was the Platinum series WS-65511 w/ integrated HDTV tuner. After looking at Titan TV the only channel being broadcast in my area as HDTV is PBS. Now I'm kind of thinking the whole integrated tuner would be overkill. At $800 cheaper, the gold series WS-65311 HDTV ready is looking like a better choice. I suppose than I could go with Direct TV HDTV?
http://www.sears.com/sr/product/summ...id=05754192000
Does anyone have any advice on what to do or what model they would chose?
Thanks,
Jason

The pricing seemed ok. It's easier to justify $3000 instead of damn near $4000 for the platinum model. I know my wife likes the lower price better! :)

I've got a family memeber who said I could get a little off of that if I went through them as he works there. Sounds like maybe 10-15%. Every bit helps.

Jim FC

Stunt Coordinator
I agree that the platinum series TVs aren't really a good deal unless you already have plenty of HDTV coming through cable or off-air in your area. At any rate, the gold series TV + an off-air HD decoder ends up being a bit less expensive than the platinum, TV, anyway. If you go with DirecTV you can take the money you save on the TV and apply it towards a HDTV sat tuner and come out at about the same amount, money-wise.

I'd look for the Gold Plus (65411) instead of the Gold series TV. The price difference should be very small and I think it's well worth the extra $$$. The main thing you'd get stepping up to the 65411 is what Mitsu calls Quad Field Focus CRTs, which make a more tightly focused image, particularly at the edges and corners. You'd also get a third HDTV component input, maybe not so helpful now but in the future every extra input helps.

Brian Simmons

Auditioning
Are you sure the 65511, and the 65411 have the quad field focus option? I thought that was just on this years models.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks