Mitsubishi WS-65311 VS. WS-65411???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BrianS, Sep 14, 2002.

1. BrianS

BrianS Stunt Coordinator

I am looking at purchasing one of these over the weekend & wanted some opinions. The only major difference I see between the two is "Quadfield Focus" & 200 bucks.

The question is...is it worth the difference. One place says yes, the other says no. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Matt Wallace

Matt Wallace Second Unit

Brian,
    I'd go with the 411, if you can afford the extra clams. I just got a 55311 and it's a GREAT set! I can't complain. However, I hear the Quadfield Focus is a real improvement ( I didn't see much in the showroom, though, but your mileage...) Also, the 411 series has an InfaRed repeater, allowing much more custom Home Theater applications. If either of those doesn't really matter, jump on that $200 savings, but by all means jump : )

Let us know what you do!

Matt

3. Jim Can

Jim Can Stunt Coordinator

Brian, I just got back from the store and bought the 55411. I too was looking at the 311 and the 511 but neither one had the quadfield focus. The 411 was only $200 more than the 311 so I figured if I was spending all that I was what's a little more. It will be here next saturday, I can't wait.

4. StephenRabinowitz

I bought the WS55411 last week & could not be happier. I paid $100 over the price of the 311. I got it for $2278 which I hope was a good deal. The differences I noticed was slightly bigger speakers, 5 element lens instead of 4 & the Quad focus thing.

5. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    You got a good deal Stephen. I paid about $500 more than you for my 411.

Also, the cabinet for the 411 is made for flush mounting in an entertainment center. That was the selling point for my wife. When I get finished building the EC, all you will see is the screen.

-Robert