What's new

Newbie... need help determining fair price for a Mitsubishi WS-65311 (1 Viewer)

Jason.Falk

Auditioning
Hi all -

I apologize in advance for asking rudimentary questions, and also if I placed this post in the wrong forum. Mods - please feel free to move or request a repost if this belongs somewhere else.

I recently bought a house, and with it came a Mitsubishi WS-65311 65 in. HDTV-Ready Television - the owner didn't want to bother moving it out of the basement (where he had his home theater set up) and threw it into the deal.

I'd like to sell it, but I have absolutely no idea how much it's worth.

Can you all help me decide what a fair selling price would be? Here are some details:

- Mitsubishi WS-65311 65 in. HDTV-Ready Television
- I'm not sure when he bought it or how long it's been in use, but there's a sticker on the back that says "Manufactured in July 2002"
- It got light to moderate use during its tenure with the previous home owner - he traveled a lot (reason why he sold the house) and wasn't home to use it all that often
- It is HD-Ready (requires box) but isn't native HD capable
- Perfect condition as far as I can tell - the exterior is flawless, screen has no scratches or blemishes, and the picture is really awesome - doubly so when in HD mode.

Any thoughts? Again, thank you.

jf

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Unless you sell it locally to someone with a truck and friends, it is going to cost as much as $400 to ship it. So, you have to figure that into your asking price.

There does not seem to be much interest in used CRT-RPTVs these days.

Why don't you put it up for sale in the Hardware For Sale section of this forum and ask what you think is a fair price and go from there. The market determines what the real sale value is and you will get idea of what people are willing to pay by putting it up for sale.

I can tell you that someone posted a Mitsu 65411 for sale and got no responses (that I am aware of) at $1300. You have a lower line model...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks