What's new

The Columbia/Sony Wishlist Thread...Part 2 (1 Viewer)

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
I saw "The Victors" when it first came out, at the Fox Theater Pomona, California, but I do not know if it was the uncut or not. I have seen what I think is the uncut version since then, but I am not sure. Am I right that the episode where the GI shoots the puppy, and the episode where the seductive child is kicked out of the tent are from the uncut version?

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
My Sony / Columbia Wish List : Barabbas (1961) Damn the Defiant ! (1962) Lawrence of Arabia 4K UHD ,The Guns of Navarone 4K UHD, Jason and the Argonauts 4K UHD , Creatures the World Forgot (1971) Hammer Films.
Which Hammer titles are you looking for? Have you looked at Powerhouse indicators site they've got four great box sets that's Columbia Hammer films. The first four sets are region free, with really good special features, reasonably priced. That's why I was kind of upset that this point forward Sony / Columbia is having them lock there's to region B.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Which Hammer titles are you looking for? Have you looked at Powerhouse indicators site they've got four great box sets that's Columbia Hammer films. The first four sets are region free, with really good special features, reasonably priced. That's why I was kind of upset that this point forward Sony / Columbia is having them lock there's to region B.
I have all the Powerhouse Indicator sets ! Getting Vol. 5 also it's Region B only. I have 2 Region Free players since 2012.

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
I saw "The Victors" in Japan when i was stationed there during the late 60's. I believe it was the uncut version and it even had a alternate take of Elke Sommer in the nude that was not in the U.S.version.

MLamarre

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Lamarre
I updated the original post to remove films that have been released and to fix the formatting.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Noticed that Vittorio De Sica's The Garden of the Finzi Contins is on Blu-ray from Germany. Do not know the details on it but will investigate. I hope Sony Pictures Classics might release it too.

1602082180745.png

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
It's too bad that Columbia/Sony will not release a 50th anniversary of The Garden of the Finzi Continis. This and The Bicycle Thieves are my favorites from Vittorio De Sica and would like to see this on Blu-ray with English subtitles. The Sony Pictures and Arrow Films dvd has been out of print for last few years. The recent overseas Blu-rays have no English subtitles on them.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
Maybe sony/columbia titles will be great for olive films,possibly the baby sitters club the movie,urban legend,my girl 1&2,real genius,etc.it would be great.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
Close Encounters Of The Third Kind 35th anniversary special edition dvd is unreleased but with the original version special
edition and many other things is worth the wait.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I saw "The Victors" when it first came out, at the Fox Theater Pomona, California, but I do not know if it was the uncut or not. I have seen what I think is the uncut version since then, but I am not sure. Am I right that the episode where the GI shoots the puppy, and the episode where the seductive child is kicked out of the tent are from the uncut version?
From my memory of watching the U.K. DVD, the shooting of the puppy is definitely included but I don't recall anything about a seductive child.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
maybe Olive films should look into this rare gems A Fine Mess Stewardess School I'll Do Anything Crazy In Alabama and many others have been released under the sony/mill creek dvd label but olive films has got to do these rereleases.and shout might release Urban Legend on dvd for the first time with interviews with the cast and crew and featurettes which was not in the sony dvd release back in the early days of dvd remember those.It was in the dvd case but it was simply removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks