1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

The Columbia/Sony Wishlist Thread...Part 2

Discussion in 'DVD' started by MLamarre, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Ken Koc

Ken Koc Screenwriter

Ken Koc
    "The Victors" is one of my top wanted films to own. I saw it a few years ago on the Sony channel...It was in HD and looked immaculate but alas it was the cut version.

usrunnr likes this.
  2. usrunnr

usrunnr Writer

usrunnr
    I saw "The Victors" when it first came out, at the Fox Theater Pomona, California, but I do not know if it was the uncut or not. I have seen what I think is the uncut version since then, but I am not sure. Am I right that the episode where the GI shoots the puppy, and the episode where the seductive child is kicked out of the tent are from the uncut version?

3. dana martin

dana martin Producer

Dana Martin
    Which Hammer titles are you looking for? Have you looked at Powerhouse indicators site they've got four great box sets that's Columbia Hammer films. The first four sets are region free, with really good special features, reasonably priced. That's why I was kind of upset that this point forward Sony / Columbia is having them lock there's to region B.

4. RICK BOND

RICK BOND Second Unit

RICK
    I have all the Powerhouse Indicator sets ! Getting Vol. 5 also it's Region B only. I have 2 Region Free players since 2012.

dana martin likes this.
  5. disctrip

disctrip Second Unit
    Supporter

hank freitas
    I saw "The Victors" in Japan when i was stationed there during the late 60's. I believe it was the uncut version and it even had a alternate take of Elke Sommer in the nude that was not in the U.S.version.

Ken Koc likes this.
  6. MLamarre

MLamarre Second Unit

Matthew Lamarre
    I updated the original post to remove films that have been released and to fix the formatting.