What's new

Mech Assault Tournament Winners and some commentary on my part :-) (1 Viewer)

Hank_P

Second Unit
Me and David found it to be more difficult to get in and fight based on the spawn points for the map.. it really gave an upper hand to Scar/Darth. I'm not sure it was realized before the match started.. but it was really obvious in the game. They played a great match and I would like to go at them again.

Of course we didn't lose to them as bad as jubjub/Bassmassa did.. but it sure felt like it. It was getting so bad, I was trying to get my wife to strip in front of the TV to distract Scar from ripping me apart with those level 3's.

Oscar Saenz

Stunt Coordinator
I accept the challenge! Anytime any place! Tonight after 10:00 p.m. CST (I have to watch ER with the wife) will work for me.

Just so Darth and I don't hear any crying, we will let you pick the map and determine where you want to spawn.

Darth, do you notice a comon theme to this thread? Sounds like a bunch of excuses if you ask me.:D

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
LOL you guys crack me up. I said last night the controversy would go on for a long while :)

A few thoughts I have on the future of group play and id like to hear your thoughts. No matter what tonight is a Ghost Recon NIght

Till the summer time there arent going to be many of these multplayer shoot em up games coming out until Wolfenstein, Halo II, Raven Sheild and so on. Other then sport games which we will be running these 2 week tourneys in. Im Really into Mech and GR. I have unreal and once and a while I pop it in but im not a real fan of it for group paly and i know many others arent. . So for a while we will be doing GR, Mech and ill sprinkle in some motogp here and there for a little change of pace. Also do a Capcom vs SNK tourney which wont take long so we can always do the tourney and then do some Mech or GR.

So im thinking of doing the weekly schedule like this for now

Monday-Ghost Recon Night 9 PM EST
Wed-Tourney night alternate Ghost Recon and Mech Assault 10 PM EST
Thursday- Mech Assault Night 10 PM EST

Sports Tourneys-Each tourney will be spread over two weeks for NFL and NHL

Capcom vs SNK and MotoGP-We can run some quick tourneys on Wed and then switch to another game if we want

Let me know what you guys think.

capt

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
"Of course we didn't lose to them as bad as jubjub/Bassmassa did.. but it sure felt like it. It was getting so bad, I was trying to get my wife to strip in front of the TV to distract Scar from ripping me apart with those level 3's."

Hey Hank Next Tourney I'm coming to your house !

WillY

Stunt Coordinator
I saw a bunch of you guys online last night, and ended up playing Mech Assault, so I should have signed up. My roommate and I are getting decent, although I dont feel like I dominate nearly as much like when I play Halo online. :)

Next tournament, I am in. Hey Scar, was looking forward to playing with you, but the idiot with the heavy breathing wouldn't shut up before we launched so I guess we dropped you.

Between this and hockey, I waste way too much time. I haven't even really played Mech until recently, when I moved and my new roommate got all into it.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
They sound like a pack of (to borrow a phrase from 'Almost Famous') "whiney pussies"... just like they will be after tonight's rematch ;)

What is the new excuse gonna be guys? Working on it yet? :D

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
There is always another excuse to come up with

"My controller wont work"
"My xbox froze"
"The power went out"
"The cable modem light started blinking red"
"The swamp gas bouncing off the sewer water caused a hallucinating effect on the retinal patterns of my eyeball" :)

capt

Hank_P

Second Unit
Joey... that schedule looks goods for the tourneys. I'm in!

Maybe for the next round of MA, you could keep the "champs" (and I use that word in a very laughing way) on the same team from the previous week and do random drawings for the other teams. This would be a way the winning team from the previous week to defend themselves against on challenges. If they get defeated.. the new Tourney winners would be on the same team the next MA tourney.

I liked my excuse for losing last time:
"I had timeout, you're not allowed to shot me when I have timeout called"

Hank_P

Second Unit
Oh, I'm ready. I've seen the Vulture die a few times.. it burns with a pretty blue flame. I think if you keep the team together till they get beaten it would give you guys to trash talk a few more times before being "de-throwned". :D

"...a long time to come! " it's just a week :D , I don't think your luck can hold up that long.. but that's what the rest of us are here for... to be proven wrong.

.come to think of it.. you were the one shooting me when I had "timeout"!

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
What is the new excuse gonna be guys? Working on it yet?
I'm running low. Let's see. How about this: Microsoft was busy posting the downloadable content and I lost my connection.

Oh, wait, these need to be scenarios that might actually happen.:rolleyes:

Last night, I figured, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." Scar, Vader, and I took care of some business on random Non-HTF'ers. Maybe we can become the first XBox Live Mafia family.:emoji_thumbsup:

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
Random note: My game tag is spelled "B-A-S-S-M-A-S-A". I think some people tried to send me invites but had my name spelled incorrectly. Only one "s". Well, it's actually 3, but not right next to each other (anyone remember a similar line from "Fletch"?)

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
"No, I don't have any." "No kids?" "No elephant books."

:)

Mr. Massa, can you just clarify if your name is pronounced like bass the fish or "base"? I wasn't sure how to address you last night. Oh, sorry about the friendly fire in the Embassy, too. I saw a red dot on the map, spun around, and fired at the first thing I saw moving. Which was you, my teammate. Oops. :b

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
"No, I don't have any." "No kids?" "No elephant books."
Ha! :laugh: My faith in humanity is restored.

The friendly fire was not a problem, Benedict Arnold, I mean, um, PoisonJam. Really, don't worry about it. What doesn't kill you makes you....uh, well, it did kill me. Anyway, no big deal. It wasn't the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last. Maybe we should try "shirts" and "skins" Ghost Recon.

My Gametag is pronounced like bass the fish. I love to bass fish and back in the day, video game names could only take up to 8 letters. "Bassmaster" wouldn't fit, so I shortened it to "Bassmasa" and the rest is a pretty boring history.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
If you checked out the group site i mentioned that the champions from the tourney get to stick together as a team for as long as they are champions, then when they loose they go back into the random pool.

capt

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
So Joey, any idea when the next MA tourney is going to be? :)

(I'll be at the GR tourney, but I am not going to last more than 1 round ;) )

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Yeah i put a schedule up on the site for Feb.

Monday Nights-Ghost Recon Night
Wed-Tourney Night. Alternate Between GR and Mech
Thursday Nights -Mech Assault night

Capcom vs SNK, MotoGP, PSO -Special weekend events and so on

NFL and NHL2k3 tourneys-alternating every 2 weeks

capt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks