What's new

Mech Assault Tournament Team Pairings, first round matchups, and rules (1 Viewer)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Well everyone tonight is the night for our first Mech Assault tournament. It will be 3 rounds. There are 8 teams of two players. I just did the random drawing. I did it the old fashioned way by writing everyones gamertag down on a small piece of paper, folded it up and into a hat it went. Teams and matchups happened in the order i drew the names. So here are your teams and first round Matchups

First Round Map is River City
Match 1
Team 1
Scar
MrDarthVader

vs

Team 2
Metropolis
PlayerLUV

Match 2
Team 3
CaptDS9E
Union Carbine

vs

Team 4
TheBard
Mr Chicken

Match 3
Team 5
Sherbz
Beermonkey

vs
Team 6
Bassmassa
jubjub75

Match 4
Team 7
High Priest
PoisonJam

vs

Team 8
Vegera
Nightwing

Well everyone there are your teams. Everyone should decide who will host there Match tonight so it can get started. Now below are the rules . Every tourney must have rules

1-Of course the game mode is team destruction, default game settings and no voice masking guys. Its annoying.

2-You can use any Mech you want. I was going to limit 1 mad cat per team but forget it. I dont want to hear any crying out there :)

3-After my first round match is over I will open up a room. One representitive from each winning team will come and report that they won . I then will randomly select the 2nd round matchups and the game map that will be used. After the 2nd round is over the winners from the two games will once again come to the room im hosting where i will assign the map for the final game. The winner of the 3rd round then will be the winner of the tournament

4-Not a rule- once your eliminated I know a bunch of people are going to probably play Ghost Recon or Mech Assault so im sure for the there will be plenty of game play tonight. So stick around and wait for invites

If you have any questions e-mail me and i will get back to you when i get home from work

thanks

capt

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Union, Bard, Chicken ill host our first round game tonight so look for the invite

capt

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Guys....

I will try my best to make it tonight, but my grandmother has just passed away, so no promises...

Calvin

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Very sorry to hear that calvin. If you would like i can just find someone else to fill in. You should be with your family

capt

Hank_P

Second Unit
Sorry to hear that Calvin, you should be with your family tonight.

Guys, I know Chicken and Vegera are ready to go tonight. How long will each match be.. 15 min.? We'll both be on earlier if you want to get together for some fun/warmup.... and for the teams that get eliminated.. maybe some 4 on 4 will the winners are playing (notice I was looking for some battling after my initial match)

Mr Chicken

David Broome

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, Mr Chicken, It's a shame my gamertag isn't the GHOST, then we would be "The Ghost and Mr Chicken", which of course is one of my favorite old movies :)

I doubt I will get in too early for warm up, but I should be there by 9 at the latest. It's Signing Day which is the biggest day of the year for a web site I wrote, and it will keep me hopping all night...

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I'm still in, but it looks like I won't be in until a few minutes until 10, so no practice session. If one of the other 3 guys wants to host, leave me a Private Message...

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
My connection is not the best, so BeerMonkey, Sherbz, jubjub75--will one of you host? If I don't get an invite by 5 after or so, I'll start a room, but I'll look for the invite first. See you in a few hours.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Rob,

My connection is above average, I've hosted many 4-6 player MA games with no problems. I certainly don't mind hosting, I just won't be on early (it appears).

If you (or Sherbz or jubjub75) are not on my friends list yet (hard to remember when I am at work) send me a friends request before tonite, and when I'll log on I'll start a game and invite you right away.

Or, if one of you decides to host instead, just leave me a PM and I'll look for your invite instead.

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
Michael,

I sent you, Sherbz, & JubJub a friend request last night. I won't be on until a few minutes before either. I've hosted some games, too, with few problems. Right after I posted the last message, I read the thread about upload speeds/hosting and I think my connection might be a little better than I thought. Either way, I'll see you tonight, until you're wiped off the map, that is.:D

Ben Seibert

Stunt Coordinator
My connection is not very good, but I don't think it matters as much in Mech Assault, especially with only four players. Still if you can host Michael I think that would be best. Anyone here who isn't already on my friends list will be added before the match.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Hey everyone, MrDarthVader here...
How is 10pm for our match? I will be hosting :)
(mmm... T1 ;) )

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
So I guess that just leaves team 4 in need of a host. I don't have a very good connection, but I may be able to handle four people. Does anyone have over 100kbps upload speed? 'Cuz if you do, your connection is better than mine...

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Hey Rob, can you add "Player LUV" to your friends list for tonight? That's my friend, who will have the misfortune of meeting you and Scar in the first round tonight...

Jeffrey Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
jubjub75 here.

Bassmassa, I hope you're ready to win, because I am, too. lol My connection is a little slow for hosting, but I'll be on a little before 10 if someone will send me an invite.

This will be my first time playing against the HTF'ers, and I'm super stoked about it.

See you then!!

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
I am ready, Jubjub. You don't need to worry about winning; these HTF guys are pushovers. Seriously, tonight should be a lot of fun, I look forward to our pairing.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Jam and the High Priest, a team that understands the Concept the Concept of Love

I have 128Kbps up, but if anyone's faster give a shout. I'll be on after 9PM

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Guys...

I do appreciate everyone's thoughts for me.
Arrangements have been made..so there really isn't anything more that I can do.

And I really need to relax..so if you'll let me - I'm still in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks