Mech Assault Tournament Winners and some commentary on my part :-)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by CaptDS9E, Feb 5, 2003.

1. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Well congrats to our Champions Scar and MrDarthVader who even though pulled they pulled the old " I cant hear my teammate so lets restart the game" decoy [​IMG] j/k guys you played great. You will get your own special page on the web site as soon as i have some time to do it.

Also Congrats to Bassmassa and jubjub75 for outstanding play as well coming in 2nd place.

I would like to thank everyone as you all made this very easy to run. Everyone showed up like they were supposed to except for one person who im sure had a good reason for missing it. The matches went smoothly and quickly.

Ok you know what everyone bother Scar and MrDarthVader for there little tactic. Thats there prize :)

Night all. See you for Ghost Recon Group play tommorow night at 10 PM EST

capt

2. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

Congrats, Scar and Darth. I had fun in my game (thanks for hosting, Jeff), as well as all of the subsequent pick-up matches. See you all tomorrow night for GR!

And Joey, great job setting up and running this. It was a blast! (pun only slightly intended) [​IMG]

3. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

How will this GR thing work tommorrow? Are we doing teams or something and it's a competition?

4. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

Told ya...
    Scar + MrVader 0WNz J00 [​IMG]

Nice tourney everyone [​IMG] I hope there are more like them where I can defend the crown [​IMG]

5. Hank_P

Hank_P Second Unit

That was really fun guys. [​IMG] I hope there many more games like that... now we know who "thinks" they are number one.. it just gives the rest of us something to shoot at [​IMG]

I wish I would had been able to stay and play a little longer, but I had to call work. When you see me out there, please send me an invite.

Mr Chicken

6. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Bob we just get together and play recon. I invite people as they come on and we will probably have to have a 2nd room tonight. Ill add you to my friends list

capt

7. Hank_P

Hank_P Second Unit

I just spoke with Vegera, and now I don't think Scar+Vader are the "true" undefeated champions [​IMG]

Vegera and Nightwing won their first match and didn't know what to do afterwards. The weren't sure where to go or what to do, so they just hung out and played with the guys a little more. He said they had a strong win and was looking for some more competition..hehehe. [​IMG]

He also enjoyed the evening and wanted a little more. He's got Recon and was trying to get him to join you guys tonight.. but he's a little hesitant for some reason.

8. Rob_Pierce

Rob_Pierce Second Unit

9. Jeffrey Johnson

Jeffrey Johnson Stunt Coordinator

jubjub75 and Bassmassa are looking for vengence. We would have had them except for that restart [​IMG]

Seriously, though, I had a lot of fun last night, and we need to get another tourney for next week. Wednesday nights are usually good for me.

Where did you guys get the cool Xbox Live gifs for your sigs? I feel left out [​IMG]

10. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

11. Oscar Saenz

Oscar Saenz Stunt Coordinator

12. Romier S

Romier S Producer

13. Rob_Pierce

Rob_Pierce Second Unit

14. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

15. Rob_Pierce

Rob_Pierce Second Unit

16. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Scar/Capt would have to agree, but I am up for another round... how about a 2 out of 3? I am going to be online tonight for Recon, so maybe we can do it then [​IMG]

Of course, it's not going to get UP to 3... there is no possible way you can stop our deadly Vulture/Mad Cat tag team. But ANYTHING to stop you guys from nagging and bitching about the outcome [​IMG]

17. Michael St. Clair

We lost to jubjub75 and Bassmassa 20-17 in the first round, and I think they'll admit it was an extremely competitive game. The first half of the game I thought we had them.

So I'm feeling pretty good. Other than losing, which sucks. [​IMG]

Anyhow, congrats to Scar and MrDarthVader and thanks to all for playing. I'm up for another tourney any time, and when the enhancements come out like CTF I'd even be up for a league of sorts...

18. David Broome

David Broome Stunt Coordinator

You know, I had a good time, too. I'm thinking next time we may need to do a 2 out of 3 as well. Chicken and I both agreed that the spawn point hurt us in our match against MrDarthScar as well. Not saying we would have won, of course, but heck, I had fun, so more games means more fun, right?

Thanks Joey!

19. Jeffrey Johnson

Jeffrey Johnson Stunt Coordinator

I agree with Michael, in that it felt that everyone was fairly evenly matched. It was competitive, which is always a good thing.

Which is why me and Bassmassa would have one if the game hadn't been restarted...[​IMG]

I like the idea of a 2 out of 3 falls tourney. We could play one round per night, or something along those lines.

20. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    What time are you guys playing tonight ?