What's new

Mech Assault 4 Man Team Tourney- Wed March 12th at 10 PM EST (1 Viewer)

Dave W

Stunt Coordinator
I can host (Assuming I'll be home in time). I have a cable modem in Denver. Can't guarantee rates but have gotten up to 4mbps downstream speed before - average is 2mbps though (Still Nice) but upstream is limited to 128k :frowning:

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
I am going to go ahead and say Team Taco is unbeatable. There, I said it.
Puh-lease. I've been getting the invites from isyoox the last few nights, but have felt so unchallenged that I continued playing Ghost Recon. (Seriously, sorry not to join you guys, but a good friend across the country just got Live and we've been playing Ghost Recon like mad--I will join tonight, though).

Team Taco will be "Puttin' on the Ritz" tomorrow night. I'm sorry, that was really bad, but it's all I got right now.:b

Jeffrey Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
Jubjub75, Potempkin, Player Luv and Magness: sounds like the rest of you should be running scared!!

Now we just need a cool name...

Dave W

Stunt Coordinator
I'll join - Yes... as long as I'm home in time. Work in Video Conferencing so meetings tend to run long :frowning: But, as long as I'm home I'll join team5 or whoever has an opening :) and I'll host if you guys want.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
All of our team are watching Discovery Channel specials on strategy tonight :)

muhuhahahha, I'm going to watch Patton tonight too :P

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Hey, good playing with you guys tonight. Some very nice teamwork being displayed, too, among Scar, Myx, Clan, Wraithe, and a host of others. Numerically the teams were even for the most part, but damn if it didn't feel like I was fighting two or three of you at once the whole time. Good job; I look forward to the tourney tomorrow! :)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Ok guys here we go. This is the matchup list for tonight. its a round robin. Each team will play each other once. 1 team each round will sit out and pratice or something(Unless we get 1 more team by tonight). The top two teams at the end of the round robin will face each other . In the event of a tie between teams total kills will be used. Please keep track of kills. After each round i will make a room. 1 person from each matchip join the room tell me who won and the kills for each team. After each round i will tell the standings so that 1 person can tell there team and so forth until the end.....

Round 1-River City
Team 1:Team Chaos vs
Team 2:Team Discovery Channel

Team 3:Team Taco vs
Team 4:Posion Jam's Team

Team 5: The Crew De Luv-Sits out

Round 2-Stone Cold

Team 3:Team Taco

Team 2:Team Discovery Channel vs
Team 5:Crew De Luv

Team 4:Poison Jam's Team-Sits out

Round 3-Hells Kitchen
Team 5:Team Crew De Luv

Team 4:Posion Jams Team

Team 3:Team Taco -Sits out

Round 4-Colisseum
Team 4:Posion Jams Team

Team 5:Crew De Luv
Team 3:Team Taco vs

Team 2:Team Discovery Channel-Sits out

Round 5-Frosty
Team 3:Team Taco

Team 4:Posion Jams Team vs
Team 5:Team De Luv

Team 1:Team Chaos-Sits out

Ok thats the schedule. I have my new handy pocket pc to keep track of everything so i wont go crazy with paper this time. Remember to write down the total kills and have your rep report them to me after each game.

If you have any questions please ask. Ill be home this morning and then I get in around 8 tonight

capt

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Would it be helpful to list one member of each team that is able to be a host? Joey, I know you've volunteered to be the host for Team Chaos; is Calvin (Nightwing) going to host for Discovery Channel? Team (soft) Taco :), I played a few games with both Myx and Clan hosting and both seemed to have good connections, maybe one of them could be designated hosters? I'm not sure who on my team or the LUV boat has good upload speed. I know I don't.

Obviously we only need one host per game, but if we know ahead of time which guy on each team is the "designated hoster", then for each game the two DHs can figure out which of them is going to actually do the hosting for that match. In addition, each of the DHs can make sure they have all of tonight's players on his friends list so that we can all find each other.

Oh, and towards that end, it might be a good idea to check your gamertag on Joey's team list to make sure it is spelled correctly, etc. (For example, if anyone is trying to add me, you have to add "PoisonJam" without a space.)

Hey, good luck tonight all. This should be fun. Me, I'm going to the package store after work to find a beer that would taste good with tacos. :D

Oscar Saenz

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, are we on for 9:00 p.m. CST/ 10:00 p.m. EST? Also, should we designate common hosters so that if you are playing a certain team, you know who's room to join? For example, I designate Mxyzptlx as Team Taco's hoster. He rarely drops people. So, in round 1, Posion Jam's team should plan on joining Mxyzptlx' room and so on througout the competition.

WillY

Stunt Coordinator
So unlimited kills, right?

Damn it, Icepack and Hell's Kitchen are my favorite levels (where I use the Catapult), and we get to sit out for Hell's Kitchen. Looks like it is Mad Cat all the way for me...

Sorry about not playing after that first game. I got home from work late, so I had to get some dinner. Damn, I was starving. It's all about the basic human needs at that point, food, sleep, mech, in that order...

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Hey guys. First the tourney will start at 10:10 EST. The reason? Give a few people i know who are getting out of work a few extra minutes. A few changes as well

1- For each round Unlimited kills will be used. I forgot to mention that. With the default time limit. I Believe its 15 minutes

2-Here are the Guys that will host as i know we all have good connections for mech assault

Team Chaos-CaptDS9E (All games im in)
Team Discovery Channel-Nightwing (All Games hes in except vs chaos)
Team Taco-MXYZPTLK vs Team Poison and Team De luv

Team posion and Team de luv-Pick one person to host for your match. Im sure posionjam would do it

All people hosting please make sure you have everyone on your friends list tonight

thanks
capt

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
I know I personally have weak (capped) upload speed on my cable connection.

I will volunteer to be the reporter though.

Also, I've been having troubles accepting invites on MechAssault. I'll try bypassing my router for the tourney in case its the problem, but if I accept your invites but never show in the room, you'll know why. If that happens, I'll try looking for your room in the lobby.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Certainly I'd be happy to try hosting, but my upload speed is about 84kbps and I am not sure that can hold eight players. Travis, David, and Chad, do any of you have decent u/l speed?

My buddy Player LUV has pretty decent speed, I'm sure he would host for his team if no one else can.

Hank_P

Second Unit
If someone needs a standin/sub, I'll be out there tonight... or if you are in the odd team out, I'd be honored to help warm you up for your next match. Just shoot me an invite and if I'm in another game, I would drop and come on over. I have a consistant upload of 135kbps.

Mr Chicken

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
I know that my spped comes & goes, but the last time I did it everything was just fine. See you at 10!

(I'll be on earlier, though..practicing)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks