What's new

Group Play-Mech Assault HTF Championship-Your thoughts and opinions (1 Viewer)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Hey guys. I was just checking out how microsoft is having a world championship. Which is kind of crappy for most gamers who dont have one of those stores in the same state as them.

So i was thinking we have enough players, Maybe we should do a tourney that is very similar. We have done two man teams(Scar and MrDarthVader) as our champs, 4 man teams(Team Taco) our champs and we will probably do some 3 man team tourneys but we never have done a every man for himself. Unlike the others this tourney wont be one night like the others as too many games would be played. It wil be spread out over a week or so. I want your opinions on it as you guys will be playing in it. I also plan on switching to a different set of games for tournaments after this one to switch things up a bit. Probably Clone Wars if its good or ghost recon for a bit

Here are the basics

We get 32 people which shouldnt be too hard. We had 20 people from the 4 man team plus there were a lot of regulars who were not on. We start off with 4 games of 8 players(random matchups). The top 50%(4) from each game move on to the sweet 16 where it will be 1 on 1 matchups the rest of the way. Players will be seeded from round two on based on the number of kills in the first round kind of like a NCAA format.

Thats what im thinking of doing. We get a lot of people involved and in the end we have a single champion for a while.

Let me know what you think. This probably wont happen for a few weeks as im still trying to get the web site back up. I cant find my darn html program disc in my stack of computer cd's and parts since getting my new HD .

capt of "Team Chaos"

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I must say - I really liked the 4 man tourneys and I'd prefer that format. I much prefer team play to everybody for themselves deathmatch.

I hope they release the Capture the Flag mod so we can get some 4 v4 CTF tourneys going. :emoji_thumbsup: :D

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Yeah i loved the 4 man teams as well. I was just thinking of something else to try out

capt

Hank_P

Second Unit
I too enjoyed the four man tourney. If we went singles, everyone would just kill Scar in the first round :) and he'd never make it out. If no ones watching his back, he's dead :D

I think we get more "talk" and all out war on the teams. The 2v2 was fun, but the 4v4 was a blast.

I'm sure Future Void will be back in action next time, so I'm up for recruitment if anyone will have a chicken on their team.

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
I'm all for the single man tournament. I like the Team, but I always play Solo Destruction when not with HTF guys. Let's give it a shot.

And, the parallel to the NCAA tournament is quite fitting for my Kentucky Wildacts--GO BIG BLUE!

Oscar Saenz

Stunt Coordinator
Joey, I'm game for an all out death match tournament. Even though I probably wouldn't make it out of the first round (see Mr. Chicken's post above), it would still be fun.

Hey Bassmasa, my Longhorns are also a #1 seed in the tournament. Go Horns!

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
Hey Bassmasa, my Longhorns are also a #1 seed in the tournament. Go Horns!
Alright, Scar, this obviously calls for a one on one death match if the NCAA finals end up in a Cats-Horns contest. Do you use that fast little mech to imitate Ford?

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Sorry to disappoint, Rob, but Scar's 'Horns aren't getting past my Huskies in the round of 16. :D

Oh, and I'd be down for a deathmatch tournament. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock6570