Group Play-Mech Assault HTF Championship-Your thoughts and opinions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by CaptDS9E, Mar 16, 2003.

1. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Hey guys. I was just checking out how microsoft is having a world championship. Which is kind of crappy for most gamers who dont have one of those stores in the same state as them.

So i was thinking we have enough players, Maybe we should do a tourney that is very similar. We have done two man teams(Scar and MrDarthVader) as our champs, 4 man teams(Team Taco) our champs and we will probably do some 3 man team tourneys but we never have done a every man for himself. Unlike the others this tourney wont be one night like the others as too many games would be played. It wil be spread out over a week or so. I want your opinions on it as you guys will be playing in it. I also plan on switching to a different set of games for tournaments after this one to switch things up a bit. Probably Clone Wars if its good or ghost recon for a bit

Here are the basics

We get 32 people which shouldnt be too hard. We had 20 people from the 4 man team plus there were a lot of regulars who were not on. We start off with 4 games of 8 players(random matchups). The top 50%(4) from each game move on to the sweet 16 where it will be 1 on 1 matchups the rest of the way. Players will be seeded from round two on based on the number of kills in the first round kind of like a NCAA format.

Thats what im thinking of doing. We get a lot of people involved and in the end we have a single champion for a while.

Let me know what you think. This probably wont happen for a few weeks as im still trying to get the web site back up. I cant find my darn html program disc in my stack of computer cd's and parts since getting my new HD .

capt of "Team Chaos"

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

And the final round will be Scar and ******* [​IMG]

Much prefer to keep the 4man teams going

3. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

I must say - I really liked the 4 man tourneys and I'd prefer that format. I much prefer team play to everybody for themselves deathmatch.

I hope they release the Capture the Flag mod so we can get some 4 v4 CTF tourneys going. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Yeah i loved the 4 man teams as well. I was just thinking of something else to try out

capt

5. Hank_P

Hank_P Second Unit

I too enjoyed the four man tourney. If we went singles, everyone would just kill Scar in the first round [​IMG] and he'd never make it out. If no ones watching his back, he's dead [​IMG]

I think we get more "talk" and all out war on the teams. The 2v2 was fun, but the 4v4 was a blast.

I'm sure Future Void will be back in action next time, so I'm up for recruitment if anyone will have a chicken on their team.

6. Rob_Pierce

Rob_Pierce Second Unit

I'm all for the single man tournament. I like the Team, but I always play Solo Destruction when not with HTF guys. Let's give it a shot.

And, the parallel to the NCAA tournament is quite fitting for my Kentucky Wildacts--GO BIG BLUE!

7. Oscar Saenz

Oscar Saenz Stunt Coordinator

Joey, I'm game for an all out death match tournament. Even though I probably wouldn't make it out of the first round (see Mr. Chicken's post above), it would still be fun.

Hey Bassmasa, my Longhorns are also a #1 seed in the tournament. Go Horns!

8. Rob_Pierce

Rob_Pierce Second Unit

9. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

Sorry to disappoint, Rob, but Scar's 'Horns aren't getting past my Huskies in the round of 16. [​IMG]

Oh, and I'd be down for a deathmatch tournament. [​IMG]