What's new
World Wide Stereo

marantz sr7012 Component Video Out not working (1 Viewer)

NickIsTheMan1313

Auditioning
Real Name
Nick
I have a tv mounted over a fireplace that has component cables run with too costly of a drywall repair job at the moment to run hdmi and I am not getting any picture output. I have the component cables connected to the monitor/zone2 with the settings set to Main Zone. Does anyone have any advice as I am stumped to why I am not getting any picture and our friend "google" has not turned up any hints.

My first post so thanks for any troubleshooting advice from Marantz owners

Realized I should have posted this in AV Recievers section sorry and thanks

Last edited:
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I suspect it has to have component video coming in to provide component out. I expect you have hdmi coming in. It’s a guess. I also have an SR7012 in my living room system, but no real way to test it. You really do want to try to get hdmi set up if you can.

NickIsTheMan1313

Auditioning
Real Name
Nick
Thank you for the quick response. We have an old 1950's home we bought and that side of the house has no attic access and being in Florida we have no crawl space which means cutting holes in the ceiling. They must have run this cable prior to remodel as that ceiling is drywall not plaster. My wife sits in this room and wants tv and with the SR7012 matrix ability would be awesome for her.

Still hoping its a setting but I am going to run a new component cable to see if its a cable issue. Still not sure why they would have the out if you cant map it properly?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Are you doing hdmi in and want component out?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
My point is, the receiver will convert analog video in to hdmi out, but I doubt it will convert hdmi video in to analog video out. There are content management limitations that prevent that.

NickIsTheMan1313

Auditioning
Real Name
Nick
Yes I have an Nvidia shield and DirecTv box as well as bluray player all as HDMI in and yes was hoping to output that main zone video with component out

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I don't think current receivers convert hdmi to analog video. I could be wrong...

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian
Sorry to say this but John is right. Page 299 of the manual shows a conversion chart and the HDMI signal going in can only be sent out on HDMI. What about getting a wireless HDMI sending unit from IOGEAR or Actiontec. I have been using one for two years with a security camera feed and no issues the whole time.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks