What's new

Lost: Season 5 (3 Viewers)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
To build on what Greg said, Robert (who got shot) was Rousseau's husband and Montand was the guy who lost his arm.

Rousseau told Sayid the story of having to shoot Robert after he "got sick" way back in S1. My guess is that when the team went down the hole, the smoke monster 'infected' everyone but Rousseau stayed out and didn't get sick.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Ok so since everyone but Rousou[ugh] went in the hole, then
can we safely guess something did go wrong with them, 'sickness'
but did they come out of there with the one armed guy?
he wasn't there in the next time jump.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

???

The gentleman with minus one arm was not Danielle's husband.

Also, you will all recall that back in season one, when the losties are heading to the Black Rock with Danielle, she remarks that the "dark territory" is where her team got infected, and one of them (Montand) lost his arm. She also comments on the security system (which we now know is the black smoke). Those comments, coupled with the similar ones of her husband (before she shoots him), would seem to imply her team had at least one more run-in with the smoke monster (so they could make the matter-of-fact claim that it's a security system).

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I'll make another post, jsut to seperate the thoughts (even though I hate making two posts in a row).

My guess is that the island can not only jump around in the past, but the future as well. Thus, eventually, it is possible for the island to jump 3 years from it's original time, to effectively "catch up" with the Oceanic Six's time. From the Oceanic Six's point of view, it would be 3 years since they last saw Sawyer, Jin, et cetera, but from those on the island's point of view, perhaps just a few days (as in 48 hours or so) has elapsed since they parted ways.

So, the islanders haven't *literally* been suffering for 3 years, only a few days, as it's hard to imagine going through their ordeal for 3 years. Perhaps this is what Eloise is tracking: the exact window in which the island will appear in the Oceanic Six time (and space). This is why time is literally of the essence, and it doesn't matter that Ben "needs more time" to convince the Oceanic Six to come back with him.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
As alluded to earlier, it's a running bit from another show. On Arrested Development, the matriarch adopted a Korean teenager [to make her youngest son jealous], and when he meets everyone, he says "aanyong" [hello] and the family just assumes that's his name.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I said something similar earlier in the thread. This makes the most sense especially with the speed in which they are getting affected by the jumps. There is no way they could last much more of this.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Something I didn't see mentioned here. Did anyone notice the hole (temple) that the smoke monster came from had Egyptian heiroglyphics written all over it. Does anyone have a screen grab?? Can anyone decipher it?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
probably nothing but when Locke was going down the well
The time shift light was coming up the well from the bottom.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
A bit off topic. But, their is a commercial for Tysons Anytizers. In it a group of teenage boys are searching through a kitchen for something to eat. Anyways, one of the boys looked familiar.....And then it hit me. It was Walt. It was wierd. Now I know why he hasn't appeared recently on the show. :D

Louis C

Supporting Actor
I think Christian was not being unhelpful, when Locke asks him for assistance, by saying "I can't do that."

He may not be Jacob, but he is apparently not corporeal.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Why not? Couldn't he be time-traveling as well? Couldn't that be the reason we see Richard in so many time periods looking the same?

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

It's more likely that Richard (and perhaps some other Others) are timeless, in that they are immune to the ravages of time (old age, et cetera). Of course, given that it's likely the Others (Richard et al.) have more understanding, if not outright control, over the island's properties, it's certainly feasable that they can control the time abilities, as well.

I just happen to prefer the timeless explanation.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

Have we really seen other Others enough to make this claim? I mean real Others, not newcomers such as Juliet and Ben. Of course, this would raise the question "what makes an Other a real Other?"

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
thats why i didnt say he is the only "other" that hasnt changed. just person

He IS the only person who appears the same
throughout all time frames of the show.
we have seen other people all look the same age (Juliet)
but not through many different time frames.

Simon Young

Stunt Coordinator
I just get the distinct impression that Richard is the only ageless character. It was that exchange between Locke and Juliet where Locke asked her "How did you know he'd be here?" and Juliet replied "Richard's always been here". That implies he - and he alone - is the oldest inhabitant of the island by some way. I'm wondering how the black smoke monster ties into this, as it appears to be the oldest 'being' on the island. Perhaps when it takes you to the temple (as it did Rousseau's team-mates) it immortalises you in return for your devotion to Jacob and the island itself. If it deems you unsuitable, it simply kills you. Who knows, maybe the deaths are sacrifices - for the island to grant immortality it must first take a life, maintaining some sort of balance.

Regardless, I think Richard is the last remaining survivor of the Black Rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks