What's new

Lost: Season 5 (2 Viewers)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
With all this time-traveling going on, there are bound to be a few paradoxs that pop up. The discussion above could be one of them.

Steve Kuester

Second Unit
Does the current conversation really need to be in spoiler tags? Its just speculation based on something that was heard in the episode, right?

I'd rather the spoiler tags be saved for true spoilers (I saw an interview where this is going to happen in a couple episodes, so-and-so is signed up for a few episodes later this season, etc.)

Question/thought about the last episode - When Locke turns the wheel, Christian Shepherd says, "say hello to my son". Maybe I'm digging too deep here, but who was talking there? Christian? Jacob through Christian?

Last season Christian told us he is not Jacob, but can speak on Jacob's behalf. So if he was speaking on Jacob's behalf - Does that mean Jacob is saying "say hello to my son"? Just a thought.

Bob_Chase

Stunt Coordinator

Yes JohnS, that's what blew my mind. This technique would be consistent with some of the other S5 reveals (Locke's self-fulfilling prophecy, Locke's compass).

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I like that theory...sounds very plausible! Thanks!

Man, I cannot wait for tonight...seems like from the previews it's going to be another mind blower!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
There is a few people saying "when locke turned the wheel"
he never turns it even a little bit.
he just moved it back onto it's hinge or axis or whatever it's
attached to.
the wheel never turned at all.

Louis C

Supporting Actor

I assumed he was referring to his son Jack...that is what the viewer is probably supposed to assume. Should we discount that it may be someone else?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
What a crazy episode in all the right ways.

I enjoyed seeing Hurley reading Lost writer/producer Brian K. Vaughan's (brilliant) comic book, Y: The Last Man. And like Hurley's Green Lantern/Flash comic from S1, it was also en Espanol.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
We all knew that they were coming back, but wow, I can't believe it all happened so fast. And so now that they're back and presumably fixed it, does that mean that everyone is stuck in 1960 or whatever?

But secondly, I have to just repeat... WOW.

Also... the promise Ben made.... was he referring to his threat against Widmore's daughter? Did he possibly kill Penny?

todd s

Senior HTF Member

I really hope they don't kill Penny off. I may be an old softy. But, after all the crap Desmond and Penny went through. I hope they stay together. Although, it could be what Joe said. Ben kills Penny....Desmond comes in and beats the crap out of Ben...Who somehow gets away.

I am shocked Sun would leave her daughter. Also, I wonder what Kate did with Aaron? My only thought is that she gave him back to the grandmother.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
It's amazing. A year or two ago we were upset all the characters weren't getting serviced. And look at the last two weeks: completely different sets of characters showcased in their own episodes. This is why it pays to have a big cast...variety!

So what did Kate do with Aaron? I don't think she left him with anyone...who would she trust? And how did Hurley and Sayid get onto the plane? And guy sitting a few rows ahead of Jack? I don't think he's just an extra; the actor was in the movie Traitor in a large role.

Joe_H

Screenwriter

My guess is that she might have had a 'vision' in her dreams from Claire, and that's why she was so spooked about it and didn't want to talk about it, and that Claire said to leave Aaron with her (Claire's) mother.

Also, was anyone sort of expecting the suicide note to say something like "I was wrong, we need to stay far away from the island' or something like that?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Did Claire's mother even know Kate? We couldn't remember if she did. If yes, then we're alright. If not, it would be like saying "hi, I'm a stranger and here's a baby!" I know she knew Jack...

My first thought was that she killed Aaron, but I think that's too dark even for LOST.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Why did Ben say that his mother taught him to read?

Is he just bullshitting or could it be a future plot thread somehow, that Ben had visited his mother in the past?

Also, am I missing something here, if it took such extraordinary circumstances to get back to the Island. How were the others previously able to come and go as they pleased?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks