1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Lost: Season 5

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Lou Sytsma, Aug 11, 2008.

1. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    Am I the only one weird enough that when Sun said "An Yang" (or however it's spelt) all I could think of was a kid with radio headphones on plotting the demise of her frozen banana stands?

Anyway, as to a lot of the commentary above I freely admit I don't pay that kind of obsessive attention to the show. But I've enjoyed it for what it is, and the questions I can follow are enough for me without all the assertions or me creating a timeline/plot sheet [​IMG]

2. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

Matt Butler
    Can someone tell me what happened in the last 2 minutes? My DVR cut it off at the end.

It "lost" it when

Ben was dropping Sun and Jack off at the church and handed Sun Jins wedding ring

3. Joe_H

Joe_H Screenwriter

Desmond showed up, asked what they were doing here, Ben said "the same thing you are", Desmond said "looking for Farraday's mother?" and Ben said yes. They all went in, it seemed to me like the doors might have locked behind them which if so is ominous for Desmond. Eloise Hawking asked why everyone wasn't there, Ben said it was the best he could do on such short notice, and she said "it'll have to do."

4. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg

I wonder if Daniel will try to be less intimidating and more informative when he sees kid Charlotte this time.

5. Jason_V

Jason_V Lead Actor

Jason

That's the only problem I had with the episode. Hawking already told Ben it's bad news if he can't get the O6 back together. And now, when he doesn't, "it'll have to do"? If whatever she is planning CAN be done with fewer people, then why NOT say that in the beginning, making Ben's job easier?

I'm sure there will be a consequence down the line, but as it stands right now, I don't like it.

6. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    I don't think en said, 'yes" didn't he just have a befuddled look then turn around and head into the church?
    i'll have to look again to be sure.

7. Bob_Chase

Bob_Chase Stunt Coordinator

WOOHOO! Finally an episode where the audio wasn't hosed. I felt pummeled during the Smokie attack. [​IMG]

Great episode too. One of my favorites this season. When Charlotte bolted up spouting out Korean(?) and the "This place is death" line, that was one of the great skin-crawlingly creepy moments in the series.

8. rvanward

rvanward Auditioning

Randy
    Didn't the helicopter have to fly in on a specific path that first meant they had to fly away from the island then head in? This was in "Flashes before your eyes" the flight path goes off in one direction, then doubes back to the freighter. Sayied asks about this in fact. So it would have been further from the island than the freighter at one point. While Jin just jumped overboard and floated toward the island.

Does anyone think that when both Clair and Charlotte say "dont bring him back" they are talking about Ben?

Also, in regards to the 6 returning. Perhaps they are not going to return at the same time? no pun intended

9. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

Matt Butler

Thanks Joe appreciate it! [​IMG]

So now how are they going to get Hurley, Kate and Sayid back to the island? Maybe Locke will get them?

10. Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper Cinematographer

Yeah, as TonyD said above, Ben did not reply "Yes" to Desmond. When Desmond mentioned Faraday's mother, Ben gave him a weird look like he just figured something out, and then turned around and went in to the church. I took it as Ben just being Ben and manipulating Desmond into telling him why he was really there by saying to him "The same reason you are here", so Desmond would tell him why he was there.

11. Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper Cinematographer

I could be wrong, but I thought that Charlotte said "Don't let him bring her back!", referring to Sun. Of course Charlotte is biased. Not thinking of the greater good, just because she isn't having fun on the island. [​IMG]

This episode seemed to imply that the reason the island is skipping around in time is because the donkey wheel was loose, and bouncing around. I wonder if the island will not jump anymore, from Lock supposedly fixing it? As a side note, that close up of Locke's leg was nasty! He got shot in the leg, now broke one badly, I wonder if now he's off the island if he'll be back in a wheelchair? Could be the reason for his supposed "suicide"?

12. NeilO

NeilO Producer

Our characters have to still jump around more as we haven't seen Faraday go into the Orchid as seen in the season opener or talk with the young Charlotte (both of which could happen in the same time frame).

13. mattCR

Reviewer

Matt

Ok, I keep thinking she's Widmore's daughter....

14. mattCR

Reviewer

Matt
    I think it's apparent that Locke came and talked to everyone and freaked them out.. except for Sun. He didn't go to Sun, he fulfilled his promise to Jin. And she didn't go to him. That's why everyone appeared knowing he was dead and talking to each other about when he came and spoke to them.. that's all I read into it.

15. Josh Dial

Josh Dial Producer

Josh Dial

Locke is dead, though. In fact, his funeral was the day before (or two) the scenes on the dock. Unless he is brought back to life off the island, I don't think he'll be getting anyone back. Of course, there's always the chance for visions of Locke (especially for Hugo), or that he leaves *again* after being brought back to life by the island--the former is more likely than the latter. However, I think those Ben doesn't bring back will come of their own volition.

16. Arild

Arild Supporting Actor

The must have encountered each other at some point, because Sun asked Ben why Locke hadn't told her that Jin was alive.

17. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Lead Actor

Sam Favate
    If Ben and Jack are intent on taking Locke's corpse back to the island, and are taking it from the coffin in the funeral home, it begs the question: Wasn't Locke embalmed? And can the island resurrect someone with no blood in their veins? (Zombie Island!)

18. John_Lee

John_Lee Supporting Actor

Kind of hard to get around that, as the whole joke with anyong on AD was that he was saying 'hello/goodbye' in Korean and the family thought it was his name. So when Sun says goodbye in Korean they kind of have to use the same word. It was a funny, if unintentional, callback.

19. Joe_H

Joe_H Screenwriter

My imagined yes response was for the same reason, a manipulative Ben moment to get him inside as well.

And I don't know, to me, him having been in the past long enough to be there for multiple moments, such as the building of the Orchid, telling Charlotte not to come back, this stuff seems to imply to me that for one, he was there for a more extended period of time, which seemed to me to imply that he didn't just flash back there. Thinking about it now, it seems again that either way is likely, but my immediate response right after the show was that it was him as an adult living there and then somehow ending up in the present rather than the other way around.

And to have another way out of right field (wrong) guess about who Charlotte is, did we ever get the name of Ben's one friend in school when he was a kid?

20. Bob_Chase

Bob_Chase Stunt Coordinator

Annie.

I was thinking that as a possibility as well, that Charlotte's parents may be Annie and Ben. It seemed like Annie was the only one he connected with and they could have had a special relationship. There's probably more to her story and I really hope they bring her back in some capacity or at least explain what happened to her.