1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Lost: Season 5

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Lou Sytsma, Aug 11, 2008.

1. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Nothing but a guess but maybe Charlotte's parents are Annie and Widmore. It would explain part of the rivalry between Ben and Widmore... and it would explain Charlotte's accent. [​IMG]

2. MarkMel

MarkMel Screenwriter

Did Faraday know he's been on the island before? When Charlotte said that it was he that was the scary old man from when she was a child he looked shocked/confused.

Also was Locke on the opposite side of the wall from where Ben turned the wheel? (It makes my previous comments about Ben not turning the wheel all the way seem not so silly now)

And are we sure that Christian is Jacob?

3. Bob_Chase

Bob_Chase Stunt Coordinator

This was the impression that I got Mark. I have no idea if it's of any significance but I thought it was definitely a different chamber than where Ben did his turn 'o the wheel.

4. Matt^Brown

Matt^Brown Supporting Actor

I thought it was the same chamber but it was a different time. I assumed that the Orchid had not been built at that time.

5. Arild

Arild Supporting Actor

No. Christian actually denied it when it first met Locke. ("Are you Jacob?" - "No, but I can speak on his behalf")

6. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg

I wouldn't let it bother me if I were you. She said, "It'll have to do for now." She may be able to get the ball rolling, but she'll need them all to complete the task. What I wonder is, does it require Sun's kid? She was on the island, albeit inside her mother.

7. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I was wondering the same thing. Although, either way I can't see Sun leaving the child.

8. Matt^Brown

Matt^Brown Supporting Actor

If she would leave Aaron in the car while she was going to kill Ben I don't see why she wouldn't leave her own child back home while she tried to rescue Jin.

9. Arild

Arild Supporting Actor

Her own child = Her own child
    Aaron = not her child

And being ten feet away for two minutes while killing Ben is not exactly the same as being who knows how far away for potentially forever.

10. Steve Y

Steve Y Supporting Actor

I think the only people who are supposed to return are those who were alive during the crash of Oceanic Flight 815. Claire was pregnant with Aaron during the crash. Sun had not yet conceived. For whatever reason, the island only wants those who were part of the initial accident... I can't even BEGIN to tell you why! :)

Last night I discovered that the episodes that "fill in" mythology are just as satisfying to me as episodes that "move the plot forward". "Filler" has been the standard argument against the "slower" seasons of the show, but I've never minded it... it really deepens the show.

11. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    I'm not convinced that locke was embalmed.
    there was never any indication of a real funeral
    or that he was anything other then just a body in the coffin.

12. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    Most intriguing comment I have seen on the web concerning Lost is about the whispers being time echoes from people moving through time. WoW if true!

The seeds for this were planted back at the beginning of the series![​IMG]

13. Simon Young

Simon Young Stunt Coordinator

I don't think the whispers have anything to do with time hopping, and I don't think the writers had any clue what they were when they first appeared. I'm not even sure we'll get a definitive answer to the whispers besides spirits or 'memories' of the dead. Think about it - Miles can speak to the dead both on the island and off it. If he's Pierre Chang's son then it's possible he was born on the island, which suggests he inherited his abilities from it. If so then the island may act kind of like a radio for speaking to the spirit world. Miles can harness the power at will, but anyone can experience the whispers. Perhaps.

As for Charlotte being Widmore's/Ben's/Annie's/Faraday's daughter... I'm not sure that's right. Besides the fact that none of these characters look like her, we know Charlotte's parents' names: David and Jeanette. I think when Locke turned the wheel all the way, the final time-jump landed the survivors in the era of the Dharma Initiative. It is possible that there are only moments until Daniel meets the young Charlotte, which would explain why he is emotional.

I liked how Charlotte's reason for spending her entire life trying to get back to the island (i.e. nobody believing her that it existed) mirrored the story of Lucy Pensive in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. For those that don't know, Charlotte Staples Lewis was named after C.S. Lewis, the author of the Narnia books. It will be a shame if she stays dead, as Charlotte was becoming quite a good character.

14. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    Well I thought it was pretty cool.[​IMG]

15. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton
    I don't know but is it possible Locke is in some sort of suspended animation like Nicki & Paolo were in the episode where they were bit by those spiders? Just a thought.

16. Josh Dial

Josh Dial Producer

Josh Dial
  17. mylan

mylan Screenwriter

I do as well, my wife and I had speculated as to this very theory when we found out time travel was involved, the idea that one can leave a voice as they "pass" by those in the present is most intriguing.

18. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

I'm a little late chiming in, but I thought this was a really good episode. I knew Jin was alive!

Thought that sequence when the smoke monster pulled one of the expedition members down the hole was surprisingly gruesome! Didn't expect the arm to tear off on a network TV show, but then it is the 9:00pm hour and CSI has shown similar stuff, though after the parts came off. I guess we still don't know what the monster is doing with the people it pulls underground. Locke was lucky earlier on when Jack pulled him away from the smoke monster.

What to make of seeing Danielle shooting her boyfriend/husband(?). I wasn't clear, wasn't he the one who got pulled down the hole? I kept asking myself how'd he grow his arm back. But obviously he was a fake. But to what end was the fake's purpose.

Regarding an earlier comment about Sun saying good by to her daughter and how the Korean word for good bye sounding like something else, I didn't get that. I spent 3 years working with a group of visiting Koreans at the company I used to work with and I learned a few Korean words. She said good bye the way I learned it and I didn't make any connection to anything else. Whatever that was!

19. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg

It was blondie who told Jin to shut up who lost his arm. Take that, for talking to our bro like that! [​IMG]

20. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    he wasnt pulled into the hole, it was implied that he was going to go down into the hole to look for the one armed guy.

I dont remember if he actually did go down there.

Yep they all went in except for her

I couldn't help but laugh a little when that guy was saying he was hurt and was reminded of a section from Austin Powers.

Dr. Evil: Gentlemen welcome to my underground lair. Its been 30 years but I'm back. Everything's gone perfectly to plan except one small flaw. Due to a technical error by my henchman Mustafa complications arose in the unfreezing process.
    Mustafa: My design was perfect.
    Dr. Evil: Look what you did to Mr. Bigglesworth! [Mr. Bigglesworth is who was a Long-Haired Persian, is now a bald Sphinx cat]
    Mustafa: But Dr. Evil we were unable to anticipate feline complications due to the reanimation process-
    Dr. Evil: Silence! [Presses a button and Mustafa's chair tilts back dropping him into a pit of fire] Let this be a reminder to you all that this organization will not tolerate failure. [Mustafa can be heard moaning from an air vent] Gentlemen, lets get down to business. [Mustafa's moans continue] We've got a lot of work to do.
    Mustafa: Someone help me. I'm still alive only I'm very badly burned.
    Dr. Evil: Some of you I know, some of you I'm meeting for the first time.
    Mustafa: Hello out there. Anyone. Can someone call an ambulance, I'm in quite a lot of pain.
    Dr. Evil: Okay, you've all been gathered here to form my evil cabinet [Mustafa starts again] - excuse me. [Dr. Evil picks up a phone and talks to a henchmen on the other line] Yes, he's down there.
    Henchman: [almost inaudible] Is he dead yet?
    Dr. Evil: No, not dead. Burnt, badly.
    Henchman: Would you like me to take care of him, possibly with a gun?
    Dr. Evil: Yes.
    Henchman: Kill him?
    Dr. Evil: Right. [hangs up the phone]
    Mustafa: If somebody could open the retrieval hatch down here I could get out. See I designed this device myself [a hatch is heard opening] - Oh, hi, good. I'm glad you found me, listen I'm very badly burned, so if you could just- [a gunshot fires] You shot me!
    Dr. Evil: Okay, moving on-
    Mustafa: You shot me right in the arm! Why would you- [another gunshot fires, all is silent for a moment, then the hatch is heard closing]
    Dr. Evil: Right.