What's new

Lone Gunmen DVD? (1 Viewer)

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about a possible release of the Lone Gunmen TV series on DVD? I would really love to see that show available as a box set sometime in the future. There were only 13 episodes so a 2 or 3 disc set should do it.

I really am glad that Millennium is apparently making its way to DVD next year. That was one of my favorite shows and I was sorry to see it end.

Danny Knapp

Stunt Coordinator
It might be too early for a DVD release of The Lone Gunmen. I would keep writing to fox and start up a petition maybe.
It's off the air? Already? :frowning:

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Yes, unfortunately Lone Gunmen was cancelled back in May but it ran until early June. I just seem to have bad luck with Fox on Friday nights I guess. They keep cancelling shows that I like such as Millennium, Harsh Realm, Freaky Links, and now Lone Gunmen. Oh well, maybe some of these shows will make their way to DVD.

I always enjoy X-Files episodes with the Lone Gunmen and I really found their show amusing. Too bad it wasn't given a little bit more of a chance to find an audience.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I don't think anybody has heard anything yet, but I wouldn't be at all surprised - the "X-Files" sets have sold pretty well, and Fox is already talking about releasing "Millennium"; I sort of figure we'll see the Gunmen after Fox is caught up with the XF releases.

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
It's ashamed that FOX did nothing to really support this show...

GUNMAN has GREAT potential....

Throwing it into a bad slot during the off season and not allowing it to grow shows FOX's lack of support.

In fact, they never aired all the episodes... they still have 1 in the can.

Dugger

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
This is currently screening here on Thursday's at around 10:30 or 11pm, I watch it and I actually kind of enjoy it bit of a disappointment with it being cancelled.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
In fact, they never aired all the episodes... they still have 1 in the can.
If you're talking about the one involving a kid's TV show, it aired in June, several weeks after the "All About Yves" cliffhanger. In all, thirteen episodes were broadcast on Fox, and I believe that's all they filmed.

M.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Like most Fox genre shows,(except Alien Nation, though that took years) Lone Gunman got the axe without being allowed to resolve their cliffhanger. I predict some kind of resolving TV movie before the DVDs, or at least a text segment on the discs that relates the ending (like they'll probably do with V:The Series)

Jeff Kleist

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Or, alternately, the writers shouldn't have been writing beyond their order anyway. I don't think a network executive has ever, ever said "well, we were going to cancel this show, but then there'd be this unresolved cliffhanger! Let's order 13 more episodes at a million per so that they can!"

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I predict some kind of resolving TV movie before the DVDs, or at least a text segment on the discs that relates the ending (like they'll probably do with V:The Series)
I predict neither. Frank Spotnitz said they'd resolve it in the course of this season's X-Files (much as they resolved Millennium on The X-Files).

But as I said in one of the X-Files thread, I'm afraid the "resolution" may be confined to a brief bit of dialogue during the season opener.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks