What's new

London Subway blasts - are our HTF brethren ok ? (1 Viewer)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Compare and contrast:

Please nobody read this as an anti-American statement. I'm just talking about one person's solipsism and one person's selflessness.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
My prayers go out to everyone across the pond tonite.
I am currently in California but am a New Yorker and was 4 blocks away from the WTC on 9/11, (jury duty...) and saw the whole thing. Many of my friends lost friends and/or co-workers. It affected me deeply. Temporary unemployment, (I work at a B'way theater and they cancelled the show "Assasins" which has a plane hijacking in it, believe it or not!) post traumatic stress disorder, heavy drinking and then some shrinkage have come and gone but this morning turning on the TV that horrible gut-wrenching feeling returned. To anyone affected by this, my deepest sympathies and prayers. Stay strong!

Love, dave mack

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Please, everyone.

We had to remove a few posts already. It's quite understandable that emotions may run high when things like this happen. Also, people sit and ponder and finally want to post some thoughts.

But, again, please try to keep politics and religion out of the discussions on this HT-Forum. We cannot see anything good and uplifting and really useful coming from that.

For all clarity: this does not rule anyone out from expressing their sympathy, mentioning their prayers or personal feelings. Just exercise some wisdom here.

Thanks!

Cees

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

Andrew, I certainly did not read it as such. Just the rantings of some self absorbed singer. Heck, I never heard of him.

As for the 94 year old woman, her story is here.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
My sympathies to the Brits on this terrible event. Loved to see the people on the news who are defiantly going on with life and refusing to let this get them down. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
I think it was Donald Rumsfeld who said, "Our forces have to be right 100% of the time. We can't let one single instance occur. Terrorists only have to be right once, and they can ruin everything we've done."

That's probably a paraphrase, but the sentiment is soberingly truthful. My thoughts are with all of you across the pond.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

Ricardo, thanks for clearing that up. In which case, I hope that Omarion tracks down who set up this hoax.

Incidentally, one of the first victims of the bombings to be named was a very devout muslim woman in her twenties.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron

I was in New York City this week. There were uniformed soldiers scattered at strategic points throughout the network, all armed with M-16s and their trigger finger resting just above the trigger. I believe they were from the National Guard.

I made me and many New Yorkers feel much safer. In fact, a very attractive female maitre'd at Grand Central was FLIRTING with one of the guardsmen!

A man in uniform will always get the woman :D

As for the brits, their upper-lip is definitely permanently stiff, which is why they'll survive this latest attack on their lives.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
We had a big alert here in Birmingham on Saturday night. It ended up with the police evacuating 20,000+ people from the nightlife areas, theatres, hotels and cinemas and moving them outside the central zone of the city (which is a pretty big area, at least for this country). Police have not yet said what the threat was except that it was 'specific, credible and very serious'.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Well, we're nearly a week on now and on Thursday at 12:00 GMT there will be a Europe-wide two minute silence in honour of those who perished. The current tally is 52 and several of those have now been formally identified.

The police have made incredible progress over past few days. All four of the fuckingarseholes terrorists (all died in the explosions) have now been identified, tracked and arrests have been made. All four were British citizens.

I mentioned this in another thread but it's got lost in the usual After Hours turmoil - www.werenotafraid.com This site got a bit of publicity on the BBC news site and has grown enormously since. A very simple idea but very effective. Some of the photos are rubbish, some are superb and very clever.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
And these gonestraighttohellfuckers terrorists have the distinction of being Britains very first suicide bombers, a real problem, far worse and more worrying than the usual 'leave the package and disappear' sort of terrorist, because you never know if the dude getting on the train with you is strapped with explosives and ready to take you and everyone else with him.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Or suckers being duped. The verdict is still not out definitely, if I understand it all well.

Cees

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Why don't we just go with the BBC's, generic, PC, non-descript "bombers". :rolleyes:That way, in 100 years or so when someone looks it up in the BBC archives, they can blame the Irish.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks