What's new

Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman (1 Viewer)

Is it really HD?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Still better than the DVD

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Baenwort

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cee
So I just found out that HBO has Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman in HD. I've had the DVDs for years and I wanted to find out if anyone has seen them both and can say if the HBO Max version is any better than my Oppo upscaling the DVD?

Before I go spend money, I'd like to ask the communities opinion.

It doesn't seem likely that they remastered without more fan fare but I guess it is possible?

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
I don't have the DVDs, and have only watched a couple of episodes long ago. But a spot check of the pilot episode does indeed show it's in HD—and it looks good. Details for clothing, faces, etc. all seem good. If you're a fan of the show seems like a subscription to HBOmax might be worth it. There's lots of other stuff there too, of course. I watch hbomax just as much as Netflix, and maybe a bit more.

Baenwort

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cee
So this is non-scientific as it's comparing a streaming source to my DVD on a PC but it does look different on HBO MAX than the DVD.

HD:
HD.jpg

DVD:
DVD.jpg

These are from the third episode "Strange Visitor (from Another Planet)" at 43 minutes 31 seconds in.

If someone can recommend a better way to compare these please tell me. I think the forum is recompressing them.

I'm willing to make some more comparisons if others think it is valuable.

Baenwort

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cee
So we're in Season 2 and the improvement seems to be holding up. The framing is sometimes a little different but even then it doesn't seem to be for the worst.

HD:

DVD:

These are from Season 2 Episode 11 "Chi of Steel " at 6 minutes 22 seconds into the episode.

You should be able to view the originals at the link above if the Forum is messing with them. I still haven't found a site that lets you have the overlay/slider to compare them that is free.

Attachments

• HD.jpg
    HD.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 18
  • DVD.jpg
    DVD.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 17

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks