What's new

Likes changed to "reactions"-- why? (1 Viewer)

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Never mind. I believe I've found who you're talking about.

Yes, unfortunately no hyperbole.

The dislike is also a very imprecise tool as it gets associated with a member when it could also meant to be:

- a dislike of what a member has quoted or found or what he is sharing from other sources
- a dislike of bad news that a member made public
- a dislike of a situation as described by a member

In every case why should a member get a negative post for that?

And what probably has been said before: If you don't have something positive to say...

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
@Dave Upton @Robert Crawford @Mike Frezon @Ronald Epstein

Revisiting this after a couple of years to offer some new suggestions, if that’s still ok.

This, of course, stems from pure laziness, as I could always reply and write a post instead. Just the same, it’s sometimes handy to express an instant response with this facility, and it also helps reduce thread-bloat from multiple reaction posts.

I find the laugh icon a bit strong for certain situations. Sometimes, I wish to express a smile of appreciation to acknowledge a subtle or witty remark, rather than crying with laughter. Is it possible to introduce a new smile emoji, while still retaining the laughter emoji?

Can we also have an emoticon to indicate puzzlement or confusion, say with a question mark?

Finally, I sometimes feel that some posts deserve a standing ovation - perhaps clapping hands or a bowing (unworthy) posture? Perhaps too close to the love-heart icon in its potential usage, but putting it out there for your consideration.

By the way, I think the current selection has worked well since introduction.

Last edited:

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
@Dave Upton @Robert Crawford @Mike Frezon @Ronald Epstein

Revisiting this after a couple of years to offer some new suggestions, if that’s still ok.

This, of course, stems from pure laziness, as I could always reply and write a post instead. Just the same, it’s sometimes handy to express an instant response with this facility, and it also helps reduce thread-bloat from multiple reaction posts.

I find the laugh icon a bit strong for certain situations. Sometimes, I wish to express a smile of appreciation to acknowledge a subtle or witty remark, rather than crying with laughter. Is it possible to introduce a new smile emoji, while still retaining the laughter emoji?

Can we also have an emoticon to indicate puzzlement or confusion, say with a question mark?

Finally, I sometimes feel that some posts deserve a standing ovation - perhaps clapping hands or a bowing (unworthy) posture? Perhaps too close to the love-heart icon in its potential usage, but putting it out there for your consideration.

By the way, I think the current selection has worked well since introduction.
The major challenge is in offering too many, which gets confusing.

We would probably have to start giving some up to add anything new after adding another.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks