What's new

Just curious (1 Viewer)

chrislong2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
Just curious: I haven't seen the movie and have no particular opinion on it at this juncture, but I am confused as to why "The Sound of Freedom", one of the top 3 grossing movies from the last few weeks with like 120million domestic appears to have no movie thread or any discussion whatsoever on this site? Am I missing something? I know it's subject matter is rather intense, but I just find it interesting that there appears to be no forum topic on this movie. Is there a reason for that? Thanks.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I just started one as apparently any HTF member that has seen the movie just didn't start a thread about it. I haven't watched the movie as I don't see many films in a movie theater any longer.

chrislong2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
Thanks, I was just surprised not to see a topic for it given its popularity at the box office but it must have just slipped through the cracks where nobody ever created one.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Thanks, I was just surprised not to see a topic for it given its popularity at the box office but it must have just slipped through the cracks where nobody ever created one.
You’d be surprised at how many popular films that are box office hits sometimes don’t have threads. Happens frequently.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
As Robert noted, there is a thread. But if there wasn't, why not just start it yourself instead of posting a thread about how there isn't a thread? It's up to members here to start threads for discussion.

chrislong2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
As Robert noted, there is a thread. But if there wasn't, why not just start it yourself instead of posting a thread about how there isn't a thread? It's up to members here to start threads for discussion.
Well, there's a thread because he created it in response to my inquiry. But, the reason I asked was as the title said because I was genuinely curious - it seemed odd to me that it was missing when it's been so high profile in the box office and when there has been a thread over at that "other site" for some time. I hadn't seen the movie so wouldn't have created the thread for it - I just happened to notice it didn't exist. But apparently as Tino has said, this happens more frequently than I realized for box office hits. I honestly haven't frequented the movie section of the forum all that much through the years. Just happened to the other day to see what people were saying about some of the latest blockbusters and noticed that the #3 spot movie had no thread which surprised me given the popularity.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks