What's new

Lethal Weapon (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
With that finale, the show seems poised to be headed in the darker direction Shane Black originally intended for the film sequels.

While there's still part of me that wishes Miranda's death had simply been a true accident, the scenario they came up with was very plausible given what had been established. I like that Riggs wasn't at the center of the plot; he was collateral damage. And having Ronnie be so completely compromised undermined one of the few moral pillars in Riggs's life.

On the other hand, the banter between Riggs and Murtaugh when they were tied to the chairs on that service platform in the Metro Rail tunnel ranks right up there with the very best and very funniest from the movies.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Most excellent way to end the first season. Withe the first talk of a "mole", I began thinking that it might be Ronnie providing the leaks. I was hoping I was wrong. That did shed some light on the conversation that Flores had on his plane, after his initial confrontation with Riggs. I always wondered who he was speaking to? (Ronnie or Elliott??? Probably Ronnie?)

Roger, "I sure hope that is water!" :lol:

Interesting direction for season 2.

I sure hope it doesn't become something told only as a flashback(s).

Can't believe I am saying this, can't wait for this show to return.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Really happy to have this one back.

I figured they were going to drag out the Tito Flores/cartel subplot for at least the entirety of the second season, so I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly they wrapped it up. Now that Riggs has gotten closure, the interesting journey will be his process of moving on.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I am also glad that this didn't drag on. My wife said she didn't like most of this episode. I felt that the first half felt more forced (trying to wrap up the cartel arc) with the comedy. Once Murtaugh/Riggs were headed back, the familiar give and take seemed to be in place. We are looking forward to enjoying another season of over the top comedy and action.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I thought the first episode was funny and enjoyed it a lot. So happy they took care of that Flores issue right away.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Episode 2 seems to be a return to form with the banter and quick talking between the two leads. When he appeared in the counselor's office I felt we were going to be in for a fine episode. " It's all right, I'm normal!" :lol:

So glad to see Capt. Avery getting pulled into their shenanigans and was very glad to see Agent Palmer. Interesting way the Deputy played with Roger as they exited the Captain's office. I can't help but feel that I have a goofy grin on my face every time I view one of these episodes. I am so glad this show is back, highlight of Tuesday.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Am I the only one still watching this series? I really like the fact that Martin isn't fix yet as he deals with his childhood issues. Hilarie Burton is pregnant in real life so it's going to curtail her appearances as Agent Palmer.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Probably. The live ratings are pretty low this year. Sometimes The Flash will tie with LW.
I have a few eps on DVR, but don't seem to find any urgency to watch them.

Time: Tuesday, 11/7, 8PM
Show--Adults 18-49 rating/share--Viewers (millions)
1. The Voice (NBC) 1.9/7 9.47
2. NCIS (CBS) 1.5/6 13.47
3. The Middle (ABC) 1.4/5 5.63
4. Lethal Weapon (FOX) 1.0/4 4.06
5. The Flash (The CW) 0.9/4 2.38

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Am I the only one still watching this series? I really like the fact that Martin isn't fix yet as he deals with his childhood issues. Hilarie Burton is pregnant in real life so it's going to curtail her appearances as Agent Palmer.

I still love this show and look forward to it weekly.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'm still in this audience. Interesting look at Martin and his childhood. The show is taking a much deeper look at what make Martin into Riggs.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
This show is a favorite in our home. It’s one that my wife and I watch and enjoy together. In a time where most network shows offer us so little (Black-ish is the only other major network show we watch and enjoy together as well), Lethal Weapon is a very welcome and entertaining show. I hope it continues for a long time.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
I was a latecomer to LW. I binged the first season over the summer and now I'm hooked. It's just so much fun and I love the chemistry between the leads.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm disappointed that we seem to have resolved the wife drama just to now go back in time to Riggs' daddy issues.

I find myself fast-forwarding through the flashbacks.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm disappointed that we seem to have resolved the wife drama just to now go back in time to Riggs' daddy issues.

I find myself fast-forwarding through the flashbacks.
I think both dramas illustrates how damage Riggs is so his issues go beyond just his wife's murder.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks