What's new

Lethal Weapon (1 Viewer)

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
It's probably my favorite new network show. Action with a ton of laughs mixed in.

Me too. Just watched the last two episodes tonight. I really like the chemistry of the leads and the cast.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Given how many reboots and remakes there are this TV season, I was cynical going into this. But I really liked it too. While it wasn't up to the technical level of the Richard Donner films, it captured the Riggs/Murtaugh and the rhythms and pacing of the movies.

With so much new stuff to choose from, this didn't make the cut. But reading the posts here, looks like it's pretty decent.

I'll dig up what I can find on-line and then catch up with the series. Seems like I can only go back as far as episode 6.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So, this is the latest thing in TV? To take properties that were perfect within their two hour time frames and turn them into shambling, drawn out, series.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
As long as people keep watching the remakes and tuning out original shows, pretty much, yeah.

Though some remakes fail, too. CBS tried "Rush Hour" last year, but didn't order a second season. They're trying "Training Day" next, premieres 2/2.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So, this is the latest thing in TV? To take properties that were perfect within their two hour time frames and turn them into shambling, drawn out, series.
IMO, this series is an improvement over the films as it takes a more in-depth look into Riggs issues as well as the development of his relationship with Murtaugh and his family.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I watched last week's episode tonight, but tonight's episode failed to tape. So I'm still a week behind.

Last week's episode was mostly really well done. It dug deeper into Riggs's mental illness than the show had previously. I really appreciated the relationship between the brilliant agoraphobic chemist and Riggs, which each seeing a bit of themselves in the other. Lyndon Smith did a great job making her human and avoided the agoraphobic caricature that we usually see. Even making her the murderer was an interesting twist. I just wish they hadn't killed her off. It seems like whenever there's a mentally ill character on TV, they don't last the episode.

It was fun seeing Jessica Parker Kennedy pop up here as the DJ. The last time I saw her, she was playing a teenage witch on "The Secret Circle". I liked her better in this, small role that it was.

In casting news:
Thomas Lennon will play Leo Getz on the series

Right now, he's only booked for one episode, but given the character's importance to the film series, I've got to believe we'll be seeing him again. Very different direction than Joe Pesci. "They FUCK YOU at the drive-thru, okay? They FUCK YOU at the drive-thru! They know you're gonna be miles away before you find out you got fucked! They know you're not gonna turn around and go back, they don't care. So who gets fucked? Ol' Leo Getz! Okay, sure! I don't give a fuck! I'm not eating this tuna, okay?"

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
When I first heard about Lethal Weapon being turned into a tv I will be honest. My original thoughts where how could they turn this into a tv show? My first thoughts because of how good the movies where was that they where going to screw it up and it would suck!!! I did not think there was anyway this would be any good. But for the heck of it I watched it and thought mmmm this is not bad at all and the two lead characters where well casted. Then I watched the second episode then the third and by episode 4 I was hooked! I was totally wrong about this show, I love this show!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm not sure Thomas Lennon was the best casting choice for Leo Getz, but maybe he'll grow on me. I did think it was funny that he'd already co-opted Trish for his bus ads at the end. Did he steal a pic of her when he was at the Murtaugh house? :laugh:

And Riggs needs a haircut, desperately. His constantly playing with his hair and pushing it off his face is becoming a distracting annoyance.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Chalk me up in this camp also. I saw the promos and thought, "This is a disaster just waiting to happen." The first episode was not bad, so I came back the next week and I had a season pass before the third episode was finished. All the regular characters just fit perfectly.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure Thomas Lennon was the best casting choice for Leo Getz, but maybe he'll grow on me. I did think it was funny that he'd already co-opted Trish for his bus ads at the end. Did he steal a pic of her when he was at the Murtaugh house? :laugh:
It was interesting casting, because he brings a very different energy to the role than Joe Pesci did. Pesci's Getz was obviously a transplant from the East Coast, with a very Jersey sensibility. Thomas Lennon's Getz, by contrast, is a very West Cost personality. It wasn't until the scene at the taco truck that I really "got" Lennon's take on the character.

I do wish that they'd kept him as an ethically murky CPA instead of an ambulance-chasing lawyer. It just seems like a profession that offers a lot more opportunities to get involved with murky personalities (and therefore provide for return appearances). As it is, how much more we see of Lennon's Getz will depend on whether CBS renews "The Odd Couple" or not.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Renewed for Season 2:
FOX Press Release said:
Tuesday, February 21, 2017​
Hot from Fox...

“LETHAL WEAPON” RENEWED FOR A SECOND SEASON ON FOX

An All-New Episode Airs Tonight on FOX

FOX has ordered a second season of the hit action drama LETHAL WEAPON, it was announced today by David Madden, President, Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company.

“LETHAL WEAPON continues to fire on all cylinders,” said Madden. “Every week, it delivers a big, fun rollercoaster ride, but also remains touchingly human and genuinely emotional, and that’s due to the chemistry that’s developed not only between Damon Wayans and Clayne Crawford, but the entire cast. We want to thank our producing partners, Warner Bros., as well as Matt Miller, McG, Dan Lin and Jennifer Gwartz, who have done a fantastic job in crafting a series for which a second-season order is well deserved.”

LETHAL WEAPON delivers a total Multi-Platform average audience of 11 million viewers and ranks among the Top 5 new series this season.

In tonight’s all-new episode, “Unnecessary Roughness,” airing 8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT, on FOX, a murder involving a high school football phenomenon draws Riggs (Clayne Crawford) and Murtaugh (Damon Wayans) into the lucrative – and corrupt – world of college recruiting. Meanwhile, Murtaugh considers a big change in his professional life, and Riggs contemplates an even bigger shift in his personal life, as he spends more time with DEA Agent Karen Palmer (guest star Hilarie Burton).

Combining action and drama with ride-or-die friendship and humor, LETHAL WEAPON reimagines the hit movie franchise, as it follows classic cop duo Riggs (Clayne Crawford, “Rectify”) and Murtaugh (Emmy Award nominee Damon Wayans, “My Wife and Kids,” “In Living Color”), who work a crime-ridden beat in modern-day Los Angeles. Grief-stricken after the loss of his young wife and unborn child, ex-Navy SEAL-turned-detective MARTIN RIGGS moves to California to “start over” at the LAPD. He’s paired up with ROGER MURTAUGH, who’s just coming back to the job after a near-fatal heart attack. Riggs’ penchant for diving headfirst into the line of fire immediately clashes with Murtaugh’s prudent, by-the-book technique. One has everything to live for, the other has nothing to lose.

LETHAL WEAPON is a production of Warner Bros. Television in association with Lin Pictures and Good Session Productions. Matt Miller (“Forever,” “The 100”), Dan Lin (“The LEGO Movie,” “Sherlock Holmes”), Jennifer Gwartz (“Forever,” “Veronica Mars”) and McG (“The Mysteries of Laura,” “The O.C.,” “Charlie’s Angels”) serve as executive producers. The pilot was written by Miller and directed by McG. “Like” LETHAL WEAPON on Facebook at facebook.com/LethalWeaponFOX/. Follow the series on Twitter @LethalWeaponFOX and join the discussion at #LethalWeapon. See photos and videos on Instagram by following @LethalWeaponFOX.

All episodes of LETHAL WEAPON are available on FOX NOW, Hulu and On Demand. To watch episodes on FOX NOW, visit http://fox.tv/watchlethalweapon.

-FOX-

Contacts
Hayley Hindinger
310-369-5650
[email protected]

Joanna Wolff
212-556-2519
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks