What's new

LCD TV as Computer Monitor Help (1 Viewer)

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
Hey all,

I recently (finally!) Got myself a brand new 32 inch LCD TV. For occational fun, I want to run my computer through it. I need a bit of help.

So I got the TV and it came with it's own 3 foot VGA cable. The TV by the way has a VGA 15 pin or HDMI plug (No DVI.) My video Card has a VGA plug (in use) and DVI. To connect the TV to the Computer, I used the 3 foot VGA cable the TV came with, a cheapie (it was less than $10) 10 foot VGA extension cable, and finally a VGA to DVI adapter I had gotten with my video card.

The picture works, but it's not clear at all. It has alot of... well I guess you would call it interferences and noise. Very noticable.

I had a feeling right away it was probably the extension cable degrading the signal. I got my laptop next to the TV since it's the only way I could use the 3 foot cable that came with the Tv and I plugged my laptop into the TV... and it looks perfect.

Now, what am I going to need to do to get my Desktop PC to be clearer? Would buying a better quality VGA extension be better? Or would I want to try and find a single long cable that is VGA on one end and DVI on the other and not have to use the adaptor?

I definately love the PC on the tv, but don't wanna buy a $100 cable ya know?

This is probably dumb to ask, but would plugging the Tv into the video card's VGA plug (instead of DVI via the adapter) make any difference?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks