What's new

Sharp LC-19SB25U "failure to receive broadcast" (1 Viewer)

PTDOCTOR

Auditioning
Real Name
Joel
Hi,

I have searched the best I could to find an answer to this problem and cannot come up with a definite solution.

I bought a Sharp LC-19SB25U LCD TV about a year and half ago to use as a computer monitor. I have just switched to laptop and wanted to use the Sharp as a TV for the guest room. I have hooked up the TV directly to my Motorola/Comcast in Atlanta cable TV box and have yet to be able to get any channels to show up. It is connected correctly by co-ax from cable box to TV. I go through the setup menu and select channel setup, choose cable, choose digital, and it starts searching for channels. When it is done searching it comes back with a blue box in the center of the screen that says "failure to receive broadcast". I have tried every combination of different setups to try to get it to find some channels. Searching for analog and digital, choosing std cable, cable hrc, cable irc, searching with TV on channel 2 and 3, searching on different input other than "TV", connecting cable box with component to TV, all of this results in the same error message. I had this cable box connected to an old tube TV and it works fine!

I decided to hook up some old rabbit ears to the tv, did a channel search, analog and digital, and all I got was two spanish speaking HD channels which were at 36.1 and 36.2.

I read somewhere that TV's with QAM tuners dont pick up scrambled signals, which I called Comcast and they say their signal is definitely scrambled. They troubleshooted the whole thing with me and could not figure out what the problem was.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks

PTDOCTOR

Auditioning
Real Name
Joel
Wow, thanks, that did it. I searched just analog and it found everything. I had searched just digital and digital and analog, but not just analog. Go figure.

Thanks again.

HENIEU

Auditioning
Real Name
Henry Paclawski
I am baffled about procedure to correct problem. Would you be more specific, please. I have the remote with a clock instead of up down left right arrows around enter button. I can bring up menu from tv but have no way to navigate.

HENIEU

Auditioning
Real Name
Henry Paclawski
I've solved the navigation problem. I purchased a floor demo tv from a store going out of business. They gave me a GA625WJSA remote, the wrong one. I have located a GA603WJSA remote, the correct one. I should be able to set up as needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks