What's new

Larry Fischer on Jimmy Kimmel (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Here's a real non-starter for a thread.
I'm not familiar with the Jimmy Kimmel Show.
The listing for tonight lists a "future talent"...Larry Fisher.
What has been the nature of the "future talent" segment?
I don't want to stay up until 2 AM to watch some kid who happens to be named Larry Fischer....but, if this is THE Larry Fischer (whose first album was produced by Frank Zappa), I do NOT want to miss it.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
See?
I told you so.
1000 people ordered the limited edition Wild Man Fisher collection from Rhino Handmade Records.
None of those 1000 happen to check the TV Forum at HTF however.
It is NOT that small a world. It's really a big, big world.
Full of people who have no knowledge of Larry, or "Merry Go Round."
:)

Joe S

Second Unit
I didn't hear about this until today, wish I had known so I could have recorded the show.

Back in the late 60's/early 70's we had a local FM station that played the "ungerground" music of that era during certain hours and weekends. It was great! But, one day one of the DJs accidentally(?) played the wrong cut from the Wildman Fisher album. I recall that it consisted of several expletives ("f----n bastards") and someone complained to the FCC. Well, the station management cancelled the alternative format. There was even a rally at a local park to try to get it back, but that was the end of it. Eventually found a more commercial station that did play the good stuff.

"Merry Go, Merry Go, Merry Go Round... toooooo toooooo"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks