What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (4 Viewers)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Brand New 2K Masters!

FILM NOIR: THE DARK SIDE OF CINEMA XVI

The Mystery of Marie Roget (1942) Starring Maria Montez & Patric Knowles – Shot by Elwood Bredell (Phantom Lady) – Screenplay by Michael Jacoby (The Undying Monster) – Based on a Story by Edgar Allan Poe (The Black Cat) – Directed by Phil Rosen (Charlie Chan in the Secret Service).
Chicago Deadline (1949) – Starring Alan Ladd, Donna Reed, June Havoc, Irene Hervey & Arthur Kennedy – Shot by John F. Seitz (Double Indemnity) – Screenplay by Warren Duff (The Fallen Sparrow) – Based on a Novel by Tiffany Thayer (Call Her Savage) – Directed by Lewis Allen (The Uninvited).
Iron Man (1951) Starring Jeff Chandler, Evelyn Keyes, Rock Hudson, Stephen McNally, Jim Backus & James Arness – Shot by Carl E. Guthrie (Cry Wolf) – Screenplay by George Zuckerman (Spy Hunt) & Borden Chase (Red River) – Based on a Novel by W.R. Burnett (Scarface) – Directed by Joseph Pevney (Female on the Beach).

View attachment 185305
2 more Universal titles and a Paramount one in another good film noir set. Interesting mix of titles in this set. Keep them coming. Thanks, Kino.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Brand New 2K Masters!

The Mystery of Marie Roget (1942) Starring Maria Montez & Patric Knowles – Shot by Elwood Bredell (Phantom Lady) – Screenplay by Michael Jacoby (The Undying Monster) – Based on a Story by Edgar Allan Poe (The Black Cat) – Directed by Phil Rosen (Charlie Chan in the Secret Service).
Chicago Deadline (1949) – Starring Alan Ladd, Donna Reed, June Havoc, Irene Hervey & Arthur Kennedy – Shot by John F. Seitz (Double Indemnity) – Screenplay by Warren Duff (The Fallen Sparrow) – Based on a Novel by Tiffany Thayer (Call Her Savage) – Directed by Lewis Allen (The Uninvited).
Iron Man (1951) Starring Jeff Chandler, Evelyn Keyes, Rock Hudson, Stephen McNally, Jim Backus & James Arness – Shot by Carl E. Guthrie (Cry Wolf) – Screenplay by George Zuckerman (Spy Hunt) & Borden Chase (Red River) – Based on a Novel by W.R. Burnett (Scarface) – Directed by Joseph Pevney (Female on the Beach).

View attachment 185305
Chicago Deadline! Yes! Been waiting years for that one.

Gerani53

Second Unit
Real Name
Gary Gerani
For you small screen fans, CHICAGO DEADLINE was the original version of the NAME OF THE GAME TV series. Like THE VIRGINIAN, GOING MY WAY, and many others, DEADLINE was a Paramount movie that Universal acquired the rights to in the late '50s, and this deal somehow gave U/Revue/MCA the legal rights to produce television series based on these properties. Which begs a deep-dish trivia question: How many Glen Howards can you name? Gene Barry's the easy one, but Tom Powers played the role decades earlier in CHICAGO DEADLINE, and George MacReady did the honors in 1966's FAME IS THE NAME OF THE GAME TV movie, which begat the NOTG series.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Brand New 2K Masters!

View attachment 185305
Really looking forward to acquiring these three films.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
All three films in this set work for me. But Chicago Deadline is a big surprise. I'm pretty sure i've never saw this movie. I don't believe it's ever had a US home video release and i don't even remember it being on AMC back in the days when they actually played classic films.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Brand New 2K Masters!

View attachment 185305
I've not picked up any of this series, but I think I can start at this excellent and interesting volume 16.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Brand New 2K Masters!

View attachment 185305
Right up my street! Thanks Kino.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Monday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming August 8th on Blu-ray!

MONK: COMPLETE FIRST SEASON (2002)

• All 13 Season One Episodes on 3 Discs: Newly Restored in 4K
• Mr. Monk and His Origins: Featurette with Writer/Executive Producer Andy Breckman, Producer David Hoberman and Actor Tony Shalhoub (4:18)
• Mr. Monk and His O.C.D.: Featurette with Actor Tony Shalhoub, Actress Bitty Schram, Writer/Executive Producer Andy Breckman, Producer David Hoberman and Director Dean Parisot (2:59)
• Mr. Monk and His Fellow Sufferers: Featurette with Actor Ted Levine, Actress Bitty Schram, Writer/Executive Producer Andy Breckman, Producer David Hoberman and Director Dean Parisot (4:14)
• Mr. Monk and His Emmy Award Winning Performance: Featurette with Actor Tony Shalhoub, Actor Ted Levine, Actress Bitty Schram, Writer/Executive Producer Andy Breckman, Producer David Hoberman and Director Dean Parisot (3:54)
• Mr. Monk and His Partners in Crime: Featurette with Actor Tony Shalhoub, Actor Ted Levine, Actress Bitty Schram, Writer/Executive Producer Andy Breckman, Producer David Hoberman and Director Dean Parisot (4:35)
Color | Approx. 435 Minutes | 1.78:1 | Not Rated
He’s ingenious, he’s phobic, he’s obsessive-compulsive. Emmy and Golden Globe Award winner Tony Shalhoub (Barton Fink, TV’s The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel) is sublimely hysterical in Monk, the show that critics call “fresh, exciting and utterly original” (Chicago Tribune). Adrian Monk’s offbeat antics have made him unfit for duty but he’s back as a San Francisco police consultant to help out on their most baffling cases. The brilliant but neurotic Monk is now fighting crime as well as his abnormal fears of germs, heights, crowds and virtually everything else known to man in “the best detective show to come along in decades” (New York Post). Co-starring Bitty Schram (A League of Their Own), Jason Gray-Stanford (A Beautiful Mind) and Ted Levine (The Silence of the Lambs) with guest stars Brooke Adams, Gail O’Grady, Adam Arkin, Tim Daly, Garry Marshall, Kevin Nealon, Willie Nelson, Amy Sedaris, Stephen McHattie and many more.

1685372522855.png

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming August 8th on Blu-ray!
https://kinolorber.com/product/monk-the-complete-first-season

MONK: COMPLETE FIRST SEASON (2002)
• All 13 Season One Episodes on 3 Discs: Newly Restored in 4K
Mr. Monk and His Origins: Featurette with Writer/Executive Producer Andy Breckman, Producer David Hoberman and Actor Tony Shalhoub (4:18)
Mr. Monk and His O.C.D.: Featurette with Actor Tony Shalhoub, Actress Bitty Schram, Writer/Executive Producer Andy Breckman, Producer David Hoberman and Director Dean Parisot (2:59)
Mr. Monk and His Fellow Sufferers: Featurette with Actor Ted Levine, Actress Bitty Schram, Writer/Executive Producer Andy Breckman, Producer David Hoberman and Director Dean Parisot (4:14)
Mr. Monk and His Emmy Award Winning Performance: Featurette with Actor Tony Shalhoub, Actor Ted Levine, Actress Bitty Schram, Writer/Executive Producer Andy Breckman, Producer David Hoberman and Director Dean Parisot (3:54)
Mr. Monk and His Partners in Crime: Featurette with Actor Tony Shalhoub, Actor Ted Levine, Actress Bitty Schram, Writer/Executive Producer Andy Breckman, Producer David Hoberman and Director Dean Parisot (4:35)

Color | Approx. 435 Minutes | 1.78:1 | Not Rated
He’s ingenious, he’s phobic, he’s obsessive-compulsive. Emmy and Golden Globe Award winner Tony Shalhoub (Barton Fink, TV’s The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel) is sublimely hysterical in Monk, the show that critics call “fresh, exciting and utterly original” (Chicago Tribune). Adrian Monk’s offbeat antics have made him unfit for duty but he’s back as a San Francisco police consultant to help out on their most baffling cases. The brilliant but neurotic Monk is now fighting crime as well as his abnormal fears of germs, heights, crowds and virtually everything else known to man in “the best detective show to come along in decades” (New York Post). Co-starring Bitty Schram (A League of Their Own), Jason Gray-Stanford (A Beautiful Mind) and Ted Levine (The Silence of the Lambs) with guest stars Brooke Adams, Gail O’Grady, Adam Arkin, Tim Daly, Garry Marshall, Kevin Nealon, Willie Nelson, Amy Sedaris, Stephen McHattie and many more.

738329263652.jpg

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
When Monk first premiered, I went nuts over the unusual concept of the 'obsessive-compulsive detective' and Tony Shalhoub's wonderful embodiment of the brilliant but fragile title character. Loved everything about this show, and I'm definitely not an easy-sell for modern shows. Most of my TV collection is 1950s to 1980s at the latest. Yes, for me, Monk is a newer show, despite being over 20 years old for it's first season. Never bought the DVDs. Nice bonus features too! Thank you Kino-Lorber!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I think I've bought the DVD's twice. First, I had the set of Seasons 1-5, then bought individual seasons after that. Then I think I more recently bought the repackage of the complete series which was smaller in size than the original S1-5 box.

I've still never finished the entire series. I kind of lost interest after Bitty Schram exited (not a fan of Traylor Howard). But I loved the early seasons and will likely now pick up the blu-rays. What can I say, I'm a sucker. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks