What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (6 Viewers)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Guess I should finally get High Noon on disc w/ this 4K release then. I've actually never even seen it before, so this will probably be a blindbuy for me... although I did already pick up the HD digital on iTunes some time ago...

IF the iTunes digital gets upgraded to 4K before I get around to buying the disc, maybe I'll watch it that way first before buying...

_Man_

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Guess I should finally get High Noon on disc w/ this 4K release then. I've actually never even seen it before, so this will probably be a blindbuy for me... although I did already pick up the HD digital on iTunes some time ago...

IF the iTunes digital gets upgraded to 4K before I get around to buying the disc, maybe I'll watch it that way first before buying...

_Man_
It’s just a western with a bit of McCarthy whimsy thrown in. Grace Kelly has a bit.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
It’s just a western with a bit of McCarthy whimsy thrown in. Grace Kelly has a bit.

Yeah, Gorgeous Grace kinda has a thankless and even irritating role here in HIGH NOON, except that she does present Cooper with his greatest challenge. Lovely film, overall. Wish the Olive Signature release had contained a commentary...there seem to be hundreds of "historians" and learned fans out there to provide one for almost any film!

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Yeah, Gorgeous Grace kinda has a thankless and even irritating role here in HIGH NOON, except that she does present Cooper with his greatest challenge. Lovely film, overall. Wish the Olive Signature release had contained a commentary...there seem to be hundreds of "historians" and learned fans out there to provide one for almost any film!
I believe it's based on the Sci-Fi Sean Connery film Outland or an episode of The Partridge Family Tv series ;) ...

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Not to mention Katy Jurado

1684737782732.png
:P ...

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Coming July 25th on Blu-ray!
https://kinolorber.com/product/shamus

SHAMUS (1973)
• Theatrical Trailer
• 2 TV Spots
• Reversible Art
• Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 106 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated PG
Screen legend Burt Reynolds (White Lightning, Stick) has never been cooler or sexier than when he’s paired with Dyan Cannon (The Anderson Tapes) in this lusty, bawdy adventure. Reynolds is McCoy, a private detective with a penchant for pocket billiards, loot and women. A baffling murder by a flame-throwing killer is linked to a million-dollar diamond theft. The eccentric owner of the heisted gems commissions McCoy to find the killer—and the stolen goods. McCoy, however, discovers that his bizarre client is after more than just diamonds when he uncovers a fantastic scheme to sell surplus military weapons on the international black market. Pursued by thugs and beaten up, McCoy takes comfort in an affair with Alexis (Cannon). When McCoy’s poolhall sidekick is found murdered, he decides to take matters into his own hands in true private-eye style. Buzz Kulik (Warning Shot, The Hunter) directs this action-packed comedy-thriller, with music by Jerry Goldsmith (Breakout) and supporting turns by John P. Ryan (Runaway Train), Joe Santos (The Don Is Dead), Larry Block (Hardcore), Kevin Conway (F.I.S.T.) and John Glover (52 Pick-Up).

View attachment 184407
Filmed in my Brooklyn neighborhood. I should conduct a video tour.

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
The Olive Signature Blu looks great, but this is a definite upgrade for me. I felt that Olive's supplements were a bit on the light side for their Signature line, especially compared to Eureka's. Count me in for the remastered He Walked By Night as well, as I only have the triple feature single disc ClassicFlix released that also included T-Men and Raw Deal.

Hey, that dude Schlesinger's piece wasn't bad. :D

BTW, I also talked about HN's relationship with JOHNNY GUITAR, as Olive also handled it at the time, but they chose to focus on the Kramer stuff and didn't use it.

cda1143

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris

_Man_
Please correct me if this is not up to date, but I don’t think any Kino 4Ks have upgraded to 4K on iTunes. I’m hoping I’m wrong.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Brand New 2K Master!

THE MINUS MAN (1999)
Starring Owen Wilson, Janeane Garofalo, Brian Cox, Mercedes Ruehl, Sheryl Crowe, Dwight Yoakam, Dennis Haysbert, Larry Miller & Meg Foster – Shot by Bobby Bukowski (Arlington Road) – Music by Marco Beltrami (The Hurt Locker) – Written & Directed by Hampton Fancher (Blade Runner 2049).

1685199663054.png

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Brand New 2K Masters!

FILM NOIR: THE DARK SIDE OF CINEMA XVI

The Mystery of Marie Roget (1942) Starring Maria Montez & Patric Knowles – Shot by Elwood Bredell (Phantom Lady) – Screenplay by Michael Jacoby (The Undying Monster) – Based on a Story by Edgar Allan Poe (The Black Cat) – Directed by Phil Rosen (Charlie Chan in the Secret Service).
Chicago Deadline (1949) – Starring Alan Ladd, Donna Reed, June Havoc, Irene Hervey & Arthur Kennedy – Shot by John F. Seitz (Double Indemnity) – Screenplay by Warren Duff (The Fallen Sparrow) – Based on a Novel by Tiffany Thayer (Call Her Savage) – Directed by Lewis Allen (The Uninvited).
Iron Man (1951) Starring Jeff Chandler, Evelyn Keyes, Rock Hudson, Stephen McNally, Jim Backus & James Arness – Shot by Carl E. Guthrie (Cry Wolf) – Screenplay by George Zuckerman (Spy Hunt) & Borden Chase (Red River) – Based on a Novel by W.R. Burnett (Scarface) – Directed by Joseph Pevney (Female on the Beach).

1685286088306.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks